Adopt a Bullie help is needed!

ahurd

Feb 10, 2011
Kansas
Since Kansas doesn't have a Rescue group to Adopt Bulldogs? What is the next best thing that you guys are suggesting for someone to do that wants another bullie. My husband and I lost our bullie in Dec. of 2010 and want to adopt another one. I have tryed the BUlldogs of America website and the lady out of Kansas doesn't even do it anymore that they have listed on there I have called her. I can't go to another rescue group out of state due to them wanting to do a house check. So I am a little bit upset is all and my husband is really wanting another one but doesn't want to pay alot of money for one right now and would rather save ones life.

Thanks in advance for anyones advice,
alina

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No help on the rescue but I am sure somebody will have great advice. Have you looked at your local shelters or something maybe? If you have no local rescue there must be some place local bullies are going. Have you looked at petfinder maybe? As for the 1 breeder who doesnt breed anymore, she wasnt able to help point you in a better direction? When I was looking I came across a few who stopped breeding but they gave me many names of people to call.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
You can also to to Petharbor.com. There you can search shelters for breed specific dogs. I know some states will adopt outside of their own. they go by references and also videos of the homes.

Bless you for wanting to adopt, there are so many out there right now in need of furever homes. Keep us updated.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
you can try petfinder.com as well. Lots of places put their dogs on there too. Good luck on your search for your new family member. I hope you can find him or her soon!

Most Reactions