Non-neutered bully / dog question

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I noticed just now that the innermost part of Stiggy's ballsies is red and and irritated. The rest seem ok. Is it possible that it could be chaffing from running around? Has anyone heard of this?

I know there are puppies at his daycare. I'm wondering if they're playing tug-o-war with them. I remember there was a thread here a while back where members were saying that their older bully would tug on a puppy's ballsacks.

Gonna email his daycare owner to inquire if she's noticed anything.

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Mugsy used to play tug of war on Cutty's balls. I dont remember if I ever noticed them as being red specifically but as much tugging as Mugsy did I am surprised they werent bloody. :ROFL: Maybe try desitan or even aquaphor or vaseline if you dont have anything else to put on in case it is chaffing for now?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilson will occasionally get a rash or irritation on or around his testicles. I just wash him and but some neosporin on it. It usually goes away on its own. I regulary wash his jewels and inner thighs to make sure he doesn't have any surface irritations.

Louie use to bite him there (he would actually leave tooth holes and slight bleeding) but I would get so mad at Louie he finally stopped doing it. Louie is neutered. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. I don't think Louie has "ball envy."

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
lol. Thanks guys. I think another dog did bite him there when he went to daycare yesterday. I looked closer and it didn't look like chafing, more so a tooth mark because it was only on one side. It doesn't seem to bother him though. I'll put some aquaphor on it when I get home.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Griz is the only one in the pack that is intact, and yeah, the other four are intrigued by his jewels. They get scratched from time to time. And look dry as well. Poor fella, takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. I wondered if I should put something on them to keep them soft and subtle. I fear it would make the rest of the crew even more interested them.

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Its like prickly heat rash. You'll uhhhh have to keep them clean and dry.talc will help

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wanted to share what Stig's doggie daycare emailed back as she mentioned some good info. I'll let her know when I see her next that he can't actually reach his ballsacks. :D

I've seen that before on some dogs with sensitive skin and/or allergies. I used to have a German Shepherd who got it all the time when running in the forest just from the testie's hanging so low (they were almost at his knees, not big but hanging low). He would scrape on things and have cuts and bruises on them all the time and then would lick and chew himself Summer or Winter. One Winter when he was about 5 years old it got so bad in the high snow that it was raw and bleeding for a week and I decided to get them snipped off. :-)

Stiggy is so close to the ground, if he walks even through low weeds that irritate his belly and sensitive area will make him lick and chew himself. We keep the grass as short as we can, but it doesn't keep all the allergens away in the summer. There is a remedy called Aller-Gen available at the health food store, if it reocurrs it might be an idea to try. It should stop soon though as sadly, summer is coming to an end.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.