scotch guard a bed?

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
So i ordered Gregory a dog bed for his birthday online from mamoth dogs beds. Its made of 1200 denier nylon Cordura ballistic nylon its supost to be tear proof but we will see.. you also are supost to be able to just hose it off instead of removing the cover to wash since its intended for outdoor use. Would you scotch guard it? is that safe for dogs?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I wouldn't scotch guard a dog's bed. They lick and chew so much and the chemicals aren't good for them. Also, some dogs have contact allergies. I'd be interested in hearing if the bed is actually tear proof. The only dog bed Ruggles hasn't chewed up is carpet covered plywood (home made).

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
For some reason..I thought scotch guard stuff was not available for consumer use anymore? Maybe just in California...I wouldn't do it either! I'd rather by cheaper beds and when they don't come clean in washer anymore..for the trash!ni have heard of the beds you are talking about..I understand they are great!

OP
buffalobabie

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
ok ya i didnt think it was a good idea, he isnt really a chewer more of a omg your home lets see ill get this bed bring it to you and rip it out of excitment!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm curious too as to how long it will last, mine tear up beds pretty quickly.

OP
buffalobabie

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
ups tried to deliver it today but couldnt get into my apartment building (i wasnt home anyways). I have to babysit my parents dogs tomorrow so i called and had it redirected to there house. So hopefully i get it tomorrow otherwise i have to drive half an hour to the ups depo.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.