My poor Vegas!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I posted I think Sat. that I thought Vegas had another ear infection, I started him on his Otomax Friday night and have used it all weekend, but he was still digging his ear and yelping, so I took off work today to take him to the vet I thought he needed oral antibiotics well......POOR BOY, had a SEVERE ear infection with yeast, Doc showed me with his scope and I could see fresh red blood down deep and this is 3 days on his Otomax!!

He got a good flushing, cleaning, antibiotic ear drops, antibiotic shot, and oral antibiotics PLUS and extra shot of antibiotics for me to bring home and add to his Otomax!! :eek: Poor Vegas, and if that was not enough he has been doing the booty scoot across my carpet so he had his anal glands done internally not once, but twice because they were so full. I felt so bad for him I about cried at the vet's! Doc did put a watery type liquid down his ear and said that it would numb it real good for him.

Needless to say he is passed out after coming home and taking a huge :poo:!! I am so glad I listened to my gut and started him Friday on his ear drops and took off work today because I felt he needed to be seen!! He is going to get extra lovens from me tonight. Oh, and extra yogurt because of all the antibiotics in his system.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh and [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], I did have him look at his teeth, great suggestion!! Teeth are fine allergies are totally out of whack with all the rain we have been having, Thank you for the suggestion!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Poor baby Vegas :( Glad you took the time off of work to take him in. :heart: that big bully ;)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, gosh :(. Poor Vegas! He is probably out because he can't feel the pain in his ear anymore! Wish I was there to hug him. Give him kisses from us.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor boy, give him a big bully hug from us and hope he gets better soon.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I know [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], as bad as his ear was, he still wanted to annoy me with his blankie and take me for a magic carpet ride!! I just love his guts out!! I am looking at him all passed out right now and knowing he is in good care. That makes me proud. I seen a poor dog at the vet that was there to be put to sleep (I ask what was wrong) and it actually brought tears to my eyes. The dog was very old and feble it just broke my heart.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I know @JAKEISGREAT , as bad as his ear was, he still wanted to annoy me with his blankie and take me for a magic carpet ride!! I just love his guts out!! I am looking at him all passed out right now and knowing he is in good care. That makes me proud. I seen a poor dog at the vet that was there to be put to sleep (I ask what was wrong) and it actually brought tears to my eyes. The dog was very old and feble it just broke my heart.

ohhhh..that is so sad..old dogs break my heart...you just love that sweet Vegas tonight...he will be as good as new very soon!!! I know how you feel to see them not feeling well..Jake has just today started being himself again! Now he is bugging the crapola out of me because he can't go on a walk for a few days...I can't go anywhere near his harness or leash and he comes flying!!! Not on a bunkie tho!!! Give Vegas a big :love:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
:bully: Poor Vegas. Other than using antibiotics all the time is there any way to prevent this cronic flare up? When you get your own house is there some kind of climate control heating/cooling system that would remove moisture from the air inside? I feel bad for Vegas and you having to deal with ear infections so much.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
poor Vegas!!! Glad you got it taken care of at both ends of him :ROFL:. The boys and I send bully smooches and Kim hugs to you and Vegas!!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I wonder if they ever put tubes in dogs ears like they do with kids that get ear infections all the time....??????

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
one of our bullies ear infections regularly. we monitor his ears closely when the seasons change...summer to fall and spring are his worst. most of the time their ears are cool when they wake up but when he is getting an ear infection it will become hot. we immediately do the ear wash and then orthomax or whatever it's called. his ears flap tight they don't stick up at all...jamesons ears stick up a little and he doesn't get infections.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
He better have gotten that blankie back with all he went through. Vegas...you tell me if you mom doesn't give back your blankie.

Extra lovin for him from us too.

Most Reactions