So proud of Penny (Re: House breaking)

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
She is doing awesome & finally seems to have gotten it the last few weeks. We were trying to bell train her, but she has started going to the door and barking/growling(grumbling? haha) when she needs out! We move on Friday into our new house. I hope she catches on quickly there. She did really well a few weeks ago when we went to visit my in-laws for the weekend. :happy:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
YAY! Isn't that a good feeling? All that hard work in helping her learn to potty in an appropriate place was worth it :) Good luck in the new home!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Yay Penny!! It is an awsome feeling when "the light buld" comes on for our bully babies. :luv:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Way to go Penny. such a good girl, and an sure she will do good in the new house also. She is such a doll.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Can Penny come over to teach Oliver and Sebastian too for that matter. They just don't seem to get it. Sebastian is better than Oliver, he will at least go to the door and bark (he doesn't like our bells) and Oliver plays with the bells but not when he wants to go out. When he needs to go, he'll just find one of his favorite spots (in his crate, down the hall, or in the living room by their toy box). He's killing me :cursing:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Yah for Penny! Wilson has always been a barker when he wants out. He even would let our a little bark in his crate in the middle of the night when we first got him at 8 weeks. He caught on fast and was so easy to potty train. We never used a bell, he either barks now if it's night time or he lets himself out when we're home through the doggy door. Congrats on Penny's success! :D

OP
MissPennyLue

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Can Penny come over to teach Oliver and Sebastian too for that matter. They just don't seem to get it. Sebastian is better than Oliver, he will at least go to the door and bark (he doesn't like our bells) and Oliver plays with the bells but not when he wants to go out. When he needs to go, he'll just find one of his favorite spots (in his crate, down the hall, or in the living room by their toy box). He's killing me :cursing:

Penny was relentless over playing with her bell! She hasn't done it for awhile though. We got one of the ones that looks like a hotel bell but has a flat top. Her favorite thing was to drop it down the stairs!

He'll get it! I didn't think it was going to click for her, but it all finally came together.

Spinal Remains

May 31, 2011
Nassau County, N.Y.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
Awesome! Congratulations on crossing the threshold. Life will be a lot easier for you and Puppy Penny now. Her main goal is to please you, so keep up the good work.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.