Pools and trampolines and swimming?

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
So I was wondering if anyones bullys like pools and trampolines as much as mine? Dually has his own plastic kids pool that he loves. He sits and lays in it all the time. We found out he doesnt like rocks in it by the kids throwing them into it. He literally spends hours trying to get them out but he hasnt quite figured it out. The water is too deep for him to bite them so he just paws them and sticks his face underwater til it reaches his ears. Its so funny. Also we bought the kids a 15' foot trampoline. Dually loves it. He goes out and jumps on it when the kids are jumping on it. He also loves to go climb up the chair and go sun bathe on it. Dually loves the water. If you take him to the lake or anywhere with water he is in it. Hes too big so he sinks but I recently got him a life jacket from petsmart and now he swims!! He will swim until he gets tired then float like a bobber on the water and then start swimming again. Well like I said I just wanted to see if anyones dog was as crazy as mine...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
. Well like I said I just wanted to see if anyones dog was as crazy as mine...

He's a bulldog ...........heads up ..... they're ALL crazy!!!! That's why we love and adore them so much!!! :ROFL:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hey another person from CO :D. My Wilson loves his pool. He was blowing bubbles tonight while trying to get a leaf out, it was hysterical. Watch your bullies it the lake though, they'll sink like a rock. Some can swim but most just sink like a cinder block. A trampoline would be funny to see. Do you head to Lake Pueblo? We're there quite a bit during the summer. Wilson won't be allowed on the boat though due to the heat and plus he'd have to have his life jacket on the entire time and he'd get overheated, so for now it's shoreline only with his jacket on. Anyhoots, welcome to EBN.

Here's his nighttime pooling. :)
IMG_1542.jpg

And the only boat time he gets.
IMG_1515.JPG

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Other all have their own unique and lovable habits. Dually sounds like an awesome fella!Our princess detests anything "outside" she would happily never leave the house if we would just allow it. Of course since she isn't toilet trained that's not an option :lol:

OP
A

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
Ive been down that way a few times. We went to john martens lake until it burned down.. I hit up quail lake in the springs alot too cuz its not far away and he can swim in it. Here are a few pics I have on my phone of him swimming at quail lake.
Life jacket, CHECK
IMG_20110729_154652.jpg

coming out of the water after a swim
IMG_20110729_154220.jpg

Last edited:

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
My otis just LOVES to swim - as long as it's all about chasing a ball. I wouldn't put him in the middle of a lake and expect him to make it to shore, but we play in a river space that's about 3 feet deep and not very wide so he's safe.

My mini needs a life jacket......... whoever invented those was spot on.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Mine love the water too. They only get to play in their kiddie pool though. I love that picture of him at the lake! I wish we could do that :(. It must be funny to see him on the trampoline!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
my boys love their little doggie pool and the big pool. I have the same life jacket for them as you do for yours. We also have a 15 foot trampoline, but they aren't too sure of that one yet. They do have a friend named Baxter, who is crazy when he gets on the trampoline though. Baxter is a bulldog too, by the way.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I have seen funny videos of bulldogs on trampolines on youtube.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
videos. videos, videos please :ROFL:

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
I'm not to sure if rambo would really like water, he hates walking on wet grass lmao
but he LOVES LOVES LOVES snow!!!!!!
he chases after us when were sledding :)
I'll have to get video and pictures when we go to the snow again, wont be for a couple months but there will be a post! :D

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online