Ear problems and warts...

MichelleandZach

Jul 1, 2011
Tampa, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dulcinea's Roman Holiday (Roman for short!)
So Roman has been scratching his ears the past couple of days and now the back of his ears are red and raw. There is no smell coming from his ears but he has dark brown and dark red gunk on the inside of his ears. Could it be a yeast infection? Thoughts?

He also has what I'm about 99% sure is a wart on his chest and another spot that looks like a wart. We have toads in our yard which is the only reason I can come up with as to how he would get a wart. Anyone ever heard of this LOL?

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
The brown gunk in Roman's ears could be mites or it could just be a combination of dirt and oil. You can clean his ears with Malaket Flush or another type of otic flush but if the itchiness continues it's more than likely ear mites. By the way, it's a misconception/old wive's tale that frogs cause warts. Warts are actually caused by a virus. It might be a good idea to take your boy in for a check-up with his vet. Good luck!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Could be wax...could be yeasty. The above advice on how to clean is just right :). But, I would take him in for the bumps.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online