what else can my puppy eat other than his regular puppy food?

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
so i want to know if i can give Chucky any other kind of food and im talking about human food, i read online and they said i can give him a boiled egg because it will help on making his joints more stronger is that true? and what else can i give him ? i mean i dont like the way he only eat his puppy food so i would like to know what other healthy food can i give him from the food that i eat daily or not necessary, it can be anything else he can eat i just want to know what would it be.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
If you give an egg, give it raw. Cooking it will destroy the goodness. I would not give him anything cooked. Remember, dogs can't really digest the grains, fruits and veggies like we do. However, I don't see anything wrong with giving them veggies sometimes just because they like them but don't expect him to get anything nutritionally from them.

Just my humble opinion.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes things like banana are wonderful. My boys go crazy for them. I agree fruits and veggies dont absorb so much or at least the veggies dont seem to anyhow BUT my boys LOVE all of it. If I eat and apple, they get a slice. Same goes for any fruit aside from grapes or raisins which are toxic to them. Yogurt is great for them. (Like a spoonful a day.) Canned pumpkin (100% pure pumpkin, not the pie filling) is one of the best foods ever for anyone to eat, sooo healthy. Like a spoonful a day again of that would be perfect. It is usually found on the veggie aisle here but right now it is gone for the rest of the season, at least at my local store. When it comes around in fall I always suggest buying a LOT of it cuz it works wonders if they get the runs too. :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
My boys really enjoy fresh fruit and raw veggies, I don't give them more than a couple bites a day. (Remember NO grapes) I also give them plain yogurt for a treat!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yes, raw is best, did his diarrhea clear up from the other day?

and we need more pictures of him LOL :photo:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, yeah! Yogurt is fine too and they love it! Just make sure it is plain. I usually give the one that is the regular kind and NOT the fat free. Fat free is great for overweight dogs but for puppies, they need the fat for energy and brain development.

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
i give gregory boiled egg, small amounts of tuna (in water not oil), green beens, carrotts, sweet potatoe, spoonful of cottage cheese, broccoli with his kibble. i also cut up bananas into slices and freeze them, makes for a yummy snack.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, pieces of chicken breast, ground turkey, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and green beans are all things that I've tried that my bully liked.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I give mine eggs, apple slices (they love Fuji!), steamed rice (sometimes mix a little brown with the white), a little bit of cheese here and there (string cheese or thinly sliced parmesan), yogurt, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, most everything already mentioned.

btw, i've been stocking up on canned pumpkin from Target. If you have one close by with a grocery store, check it out!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I give mine raw veggies and fruit also.

We go bowling for blueberries often. I can roll them down the foyer (hardwood floors) and they love to chase and eat them, gives them exercise and playtime along with a treat.

Remember the canned pumpkin is not the pie filler, it is 100% just pumpkin. It helps will upset bellies.

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Don't feed your bully too much canned pumpkin, just a spoonful unless you want a constipated Bully and a huge mess a few days later.
Pumpkin is good to give them if they have a bad case of the runs .
Otherwise for a pup I suggest yogurt and cottage cheese but not Milk. the yogurt and cottage cheese is perfect for them as they grow , they need massive amounts of calcium for them big bones.
I feed Pepper both til she was 8 months old.A cup of yogurt a day,1/2 cup morning1/2 cup evening. I even had her eating her yogurt and cottage right off a spoon. THAT attached a crowd at my shop during dinner time. Folks got a kick watching a Bully eating yogurt from a spoon like a baby.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
ICE CUBES!

[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], I gotta try that blueberry bowling!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.