5 year old killed by a bulldog!

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Yes, so so sad! I have seen some aggressive rotties and pits, but have owned pits and know what snugglebugs they are if raised right. It infuriates me that people thinks of these animals this way. My friend had a rotiie that loved them and would never hurt them, but would literally jump for my throat every time I went around him. So sad how some people have ruined it for these breeds. In alabama, rotties are almost unheard of now days and pitts are everywhere....irresponsible breeders breeding for money, yet in the end 90% end up in animal shelters. And the worst part is, in Al, when a pit goes to a shelter, it dies! They do not even give them a chance to be adopted, because of their breed.......sooooo sad and pisses me off!!!:cursing:

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
makes me sad too. i grew up with a rescued pitbull mix who was great, except with other dogs. i wouldn't mind owning a pit except for the fact that I do not yet own my own home and I'd NEVER find a place to rent with a pitbull.

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
yeah its horrible with the name pitts have. I have a blue nose right now, whos 8 months old, I tell ya pitt puppies sure are a pain in the arse haha but everyone who sees her, asks if were going to breed her, she would make beautiful puppies, yada yada yada. and we tell them everytime, no because their are soooo many pitt bulls out there who need adopting because people are so ignorant when it comes to breeding their animals. and just like a lot of other states, mine is no different when it comes to the rules of a pitt. Noone will rent to you if you have one, unless you manage to find a really good landlord somewhere. And just as of now, in my city, the rules are this.
Any dog that LOOKS like a pitt bull, so this can also be american bullies, must be fixed.
They MUST be on a 4 foot leash.
and if they end up ina pound, you have 3 days. I dont know if they have changed that one yet or not
and the dog must be on a leash at ALL times. so there goes the dog parks for them.

and if a cop saw any of those rules broken, they could take your dog no questions asked.
its an abolsute shame.

did anyone find out which bully breed did this? you know the one that started the article here lol

DinoRoyale

Aug 4, 2011
Red Wing
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
I watch that show pit boss with Shorty. I feel bad for those dogs and the way they are mistreated. Just don't understand how someone can do that an animal. So was it confirmed that it was Rott instead of bully in the news article? That's just so sad :(

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
[MENTION=2095]Danielle Cope[/MENTION] the news later came back to say it was a rottweiler not a bulldog

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
yeh, i don't think EB's would have the stamina to really fight a human - but you never know - stranger things have happened.

"Bulldogs" IS a general term - lots of different kinds of bulldogs. I have an American who is livestock and cat aggressive but ok with other dogs and people.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=1222]Victor Y[/MENTION] that is truly the most horrible thing to imagine. Makes you wonder where they went wrong with the training of this pup. Sad!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
99.9% of the time how a dog behaves is how it was taught to behave from it's owner aka pack leader.

You will unfortunatley find the 00.1% of any breed that is just plain screwed up, and nobody can correct that. However, any good owner would have recognised the signs and done everything in their power to correct it or taken steps that this dog would never be put in a position that it could attack.

Members online

No members online now.