5 year old killed by a bulldog!

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
I am so upset right now!!! I received an alert on my phone from a local news station and it stated that a five year old boy was attacked and killed by a bulldog! I do not understand- I have never met an aggressive bulldog and I always tell people when they are apprehensive of coming around Roxi that she will just lick them to death. I know that any dog can be aggressive, it just depends on how they are raised, but I am already defensive of how people react to my bullie and can't imagine how people are going to react towards her now. I will watch the 6 pm news and find out more details on the situation. I feel so bad for the boys family and all the people effected by this tragedy.

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Okay! The news just aired the story and in the opening statement they said that the boy was attacked by a bulldog and then mid story they say it was a rottweiler. The boy was unsupervised and was not from the area. I feel so bad for the boy and his family. I wish the news would have had their story straight!!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well.having owned a rottie..that was one of the best dogs ever..and a gentle giant...I am so sad..for the family of course..but also the breed.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I totally agree Jakeisgreat! I had a male rottie for almost 10 yrs. He was a 180 lb gentle giant and wasn't even fixed! I was gonna breed him but discovered he was gay! Seriously! He wouldn't be interested in any females but loved the boys! ha ha! He was soo awesome though! The breed gets a bad rap by people that don't socialize them and treat them poorly! So sad for the boys family in this post. As Caesar would say...'it's the owners that need the training!'

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
thats horrible! :(
its things like this that happen, that put a bad rep on the animals, and no one takes into consideration that its all the peoples doing!
just like pittbulls. they have a HORRIBLE reputation because of the people made it that way. I was RAISED with a rednose pitt, and I had a cerebral palsy brother. do you honestly think my mom would let a dangerous dog around him? let alone any of her kids, since we got him when I was 7. and guess what, we still have him! I'm 22 now, so hes on his last leg but he was nothing but a great dog.
Right now we have a blue nose, my fiance and I, he just recently took her to work with him, because he very much believes in socializing the animals to make them greater friends. him working at a feed store, hes not going to bring an animal that's aggressive to others, human and pets. But still one lady FREAKED out, would not let any of her children come near her, let me say shes only 8 months old.... and I tell ya she looks mean as hell! LMAO not really... I'm afraid to say it, but after this incident with the child, it will bring more harm to these poor innocent dogs. I wish they could do a teaching course for people before they recieve an animal, just so they know how to PROPERLY take care of and love an animal, of any kind.
Thats my hear say on it. I wish dogs didn't get bad reps, but unfortunately everything does.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh that is so awful to hear. my heart goes out to the family. i agree alot of times its the owners who make them that way and then let them loose to run around. i had a chow/shepherd mix that when he was a pup the neighbor and him used to play kinda rough until a few months later we realized he was getting very aggressive and would not let anyone into the home anymore not even the neighbor. well it took me like 4 months of retraining him to get him to let people into the house when i let him know they were ok. after the retraining he never bit anyone who came over but it made me realize how easy it is to innocently make a dog viscious.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
This is sad news.

A lot of times, it is the naïveté or ignorance of the owners when choosing a pet. I see it hundreds of times where a family gets a pet (any kind) without learning anything about the breed first and finding if it is suited for their skills/family dynamics. You see people getting pit bulls thinking... Ohh, I want a guard dog! And then teach the dog to be mean and totally mess him up not knowing what they're doing. 101 Dalmatians show at the theaters and mothers buy Dalmatians for their little Johnny knowing nothing about the hyper activity of Dalmatians and blame the dog when he runs over Johnny. They get English bulldogs and blame the dog for leaving a trail of slobber.

And... They get Burmese pythons because it's such a cute snake not much bigger than their forearm not knowing how to handle them when they get 15 feet long... So they drape the snake across their shoulders trying to look cool and blame the snake when it grabs their throat trying not to fall and choke them dead. Idiots.

Last edited:

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
oh man when it comes to snakes I know that first hand, my fiance has over 40 and were breeding them right now, but I hear so many stories of people getting a snake and not realizing how big they get and then they just dont know what to do with them so they either kill them, or let them go, people dont do research at all. I did so much research when I got rambo, and I'm still learning as I go, because one thing I didnt know was that you had to clean their paws, because its so deep they cant reach into it and clean themselves, so here i am fighting a blister everyday haha I wish people would do they research before getting a pet, each dog is known for different tempermants and people need to be aware of that.

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
I saw a news article earlier today from San Fransisco . Seems a man came home to find his pregnant wife had been mauled to death by one of their Pit Bulls.
Police say he found the Pit covered in her blood standing over her body.
What a horrible thing to happen and my heart truly goes out to him and his deceased wife and child, what a horrendous way to die.
I know of a Bully that have had to be removed form a home and put under due to serious aggressive behavior that was a threat to the owners . They were an elderly couple and set no limits or boundaries on their Bully and t took complete control of their home and them.And I know of another that was basically kept outdoors in a cage that became so aggresive at anyone that approached it was put down. Its really a crying shame . Bully's are by nature gentle dogs BUT if they ever are allowed to get a taste of what they are capable of then you have the possiblity of having a problem dog on your hands real quick.My friend who gave me Pepper told me of a friend of his that had a Bully. An guy he knew had a Rottweiler that he was showboating about as being a bada$$. He tried to get his Rotty to mess with the other guys Bully despite the owner telling him to stop, he told him he did not want to see his Rotty get hurt or killed. \
Well , the guy thought that was funny and put his Rott on the fellows Bully and gave it "the Command" . That Bully got the dog by the throat and killed that Rottweiler in less than 30 seconds. Yup killed that Rott DEAD.
Anyway my friend said the guys Bully was never the same. It got a taste of what it was capable of and became increasingly aggresive to other dogs that he had to put it to sleep.
Bully's are great ,gentle and Extremely intelligent dogs that over the years the aggresivness in them has to bred to be deep in the subconcious but let them get a taste of that power.......

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.