Teeth cleaning?

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
I was wondering how should I clean my dog teeth, he only eats his dog food wich is wellness or puppy at petco they told that band was one of the best one , well my question is how should and what should I use to clean puppie's teeth chucky is only 11 weeks old but anyway I was wondering, I know the vet can do it bit what can I do to clean them at home ? Is there any products in the market dewing for it ?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Lots of products to clean teeth. I personally give my dogs Blue Bones which is a dental chew treat once a day. Then, once a week, I use the Tropiclean gel (from Petco) which I squirt a little bit on their teeth then swipe with the baby toothbrush (the rubber thing that goes on your finger). Really easy breezy to use.

Hope this helps.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Tooth brush and doggy toothpaste????
Spray doggy tooth cleaner????
Vet for $100 ??

DinoRoyale

Aug 4, 2011
Red Wing
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
LoL, Bruce. I did get some junk that you can toss into the water that helps with teeth and breath. I also got this neat little kit that has this doggy toothpaste a little toothbrush and one of those finger toothbrushes from Petsmart. Angus loves the paste, it smells like maple syrup to me lol, but I just put it on the finger brush and put it on his gums and teeth and he really likes it!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
If you feed kibble, you should brush their teeth. Even though I did Lucy's she just had to go and have a professional teeth cleaning at the vet. It cost $350 because they have to put them under to do it.

I don't brush their teeth...they get bones with their food.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I brush Lucy's teeth every couple of days. I use a doggie toothbrush and vanilla flavored toothpaste. We have done this routine since her first vet appointment at 11 weeks old so she loves it and knows the routine.

The vet always comments on how clean her teeth and gums are and is really impressed that we stick to the brushing schedule we do.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i use peanut flavored toothpaste and i brush butler's teeth once a week with a long doggy toothbrush

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i'll be honest we don't brush our bullies teeth and the vet says they are fantastic....we feed them carrots on a daily basis and apple chunks once in a while....the carrots clean the teeth. the vet said he was thrilled at their teeth for being 3 years old...at some point they may need it...i had a dog growing up who got a carrot a day and apple slices and never had to have her teeth cleaned and lived to 15.

kels16

Aug 24, 2011
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
I was wanting to start brushing Harley's teeth, although there are very pretty white :D I just don't want them to be yucky when he gets older.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.