Thread: the boys and Fromm

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Default the boys and Fromm

okay as you know from reading my post, or actually Oliver's post, last week, petflow screwed up my dog food order and I had to go to Petsmart and pick up a little bag of something to tide the boys over until my order from petflow came in. I picked Blue Wilderness grain free salmon and the duck flavors. The boys inhaled that food. Since I didn't have anything to help with the transition their was a little soft, but not too bad at all. It made it difficult to pick up when they had accidents in the house (which they are still having , but that's a whole nother thread).

Anywhoo, now that their fromm order is here, they are just picking at it. Last night when I came home from class, I was told Oliver didn't eat his dinner at all and Sebastian left some in his bowl. I bought a bag of the beef frittata, which they've been on since switching them to fromm and I bought a bag of the surf and turf. The beef I give them at night since I squirt salmon oil on the evening food and figured I would give them the surf and turf for breakfast just to switch it up. This morning, both boys ate their breakfast right away, but still left probably half a cup in the bowl. I'm feeding them a cup twice a day.

My question is "do you think they are getting burned out on the beef, and should I just switch them to the blue wilderness grain free since they seemed to like it so much?" I really like fromm because they helped clear up Oliver's tear stains so well, but they have come back in the last week or so, but I think his allergies must be kicking in because his eye (brown one) is always really runny and so is his nose.

Any input would be helpful, thanks from a concerned mommy who only wants her babies to eat.
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: the boys and Fromm

huhaaaa, I got to tell you, I'm so tired of worrying about whats in the kibble, I so want to go raw!

I was doing the beef fritatta, then the pork, and back on the beef. With all 5 of these bully's and slightly different signs of this and that, the next thing I'm going to do is RAW. (Lord, give me the balls) tehe

sorry if I'm no help
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    huhaaaa, I got to tell you, I'm so tired of worrying about whats in the kibble, I so want to go raw! I was doing the beef fritatta, then the pork, and back on the beef. With all 5 of these bully's and slightly different signs of this and that, the next thing I'm going to do is RAW. (Lord, give me the balls) tehesorry if I'm no help
    Ummmm...want Jakes' ?? Could probably get them from the vet when he gets neutered today..

Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    huhaaaa, I got to tell you, I'm so tired of worrying about whats in the kibble, I so want to go raw!

I was doing the beef fritatta, then the pork, and back on the beef. With all 5 of these bully's and slightly different signs of this and that, the next thing I'm going to do is RAW. (Lord, give me the balls) tehe

sorry if I'm no help
    I've thought about going RAW too. Tried it with a chicken leg quarter once and Sebastian choked on a piece and almost passed out before I could get to him. Scared the bejeebers out of me and haven't been brave enough to try it again. Right now with me not working because of school and my husband working two jobs and 3.5 kids to feed, not to mention 4 dogs, we can't afford to go RAW yet, but I told my husband someday.

@JAKEISGREAT: too funny about giving Sherry, Jakes balls!! Give him smooches from us when he comes out of surgery.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Ummmm...want Jakes' ?? Could probably get them from the vet when he gets neutered today..

HAHAHAH ahh no We got Griz here and he just loves his. knock wood.....heheh he is a very mellow, not horny. good boy

so he gets to keep his, (he needs to prove fertile of course)
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Sebastian n Oliver View Post
    I've thought about going RAW too. Tried it with a chicken leg quarter once and Sebastian choked on a piece and almost passed out before I could get to him. Scared the bejeebers out of me and haven't been brave enough to try it again. Right now with me not working because of school and my husband working two jobs and 3.5 kids to feed, not to mention 4 dogs, we can't afford to go RAW yet, but I told my husband someday.@JAKEISGREAT: too funny about giving Sherry, Jakes balls!! Give him smooches from us when he comes out of surgery.
    3 1/2. kIDS??? WHAT?

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Mix a tablespoon of plain natural yogurt into their kibble..... that'll up their enthusiasm for the kibble.....it's also a probiotic . HRH gets yogurt every morning.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I thought for sure you'd be putting them on your mantle in a jar...

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    I thought for sure you'd be putting them on your mantle in a jar...
    DUDE...I don't know what size balls you are used to...but Jakes' jar would be TOO big for a mantle!!

Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

3 1/2. kIDS??? WHAT?
    My oldest daughter is 19 and only sleeps here about 1 night a week but she pops in about 3 times a week. Technically, she still lives here, but spends most of her time with her friend in another town about 30 minutes away, but still works here in our town.

Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Mix a tablespoon of plain natural yogurt into their kibble..... that'll up their enthusiasm for the kibble.....it's also a probiotic . HRH gets yogurt every morning.
    I tried that with Sebastian when I first brought him home and I don't think he really liked the yogurt, because he wouldn't really eat. So I stopped. Never tried it with Oliver. Maybe, I'll try it again, thanks Bruce!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Sebastian n Oliver View Post
    My oldest daughter is 19 and only sleeps here about 1 night a week but she pops in about 3 times a week. Technically, she still lives here, but spends most of her time with her friend in another town about 30 minutes away, but still works here in our town.
    Awwww! Understood! Comes home for food and laundry!! And love of course....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads