cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I've been feeding the boys Blue Wilderness Salmon too and they love the stuff! Their poops have been the firmest that i've seen in a long time :)
I did have them on Fromm before and they ate that up too...I think my two are just easy to please! The yogurt idea is a good one, and how about adding some chopped up hardboiled egg? I usually split 1 egg and sprinkle on top of the food.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I've been feeding the boys Blue Wilderness Salmon too and they love the stuff! Their poops have been the firmest that i've seen in a long time :)
I did have them on Fromm before and they ate that up too...I think my two are just easy to please! The yogurt idea is a good one, and how about adding some chopped up hardboiled egg? I usually split 1 egg and sprinkle on top of the food.

I do know they love eggs!! Sebastian just wasn't fond of the plain yogurt, now the fruit flavored he loves :laugh:. I'll see how they do with the rest of these two bags and if they are still being kind of picky with it, I'll change my petflow order to the Blue Wilderness Salmon and Duck. I'm assuming I can switch up the protein with the Blue Wilderness like we can with the fromm with no problem since they are both grain free. Bonus is the Blue is about $10 cheaper per bag than the fromm so that will make my wallet happier.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I also like that I can get the Blue Wilderness at my local PetSmart or Petco...didn't know they were carrying it til just a couple wks ago. Usually i have to travel a little further to get the good stuff. But yea, give those eggs a try. I also scramble them or give them a fried egg at times.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
that's where I got the two little bags I fed the boys last week; at Petsmart. It's a little cheaper to order it through petflow (only a couple of dollars, but it's a couple of dollars I won't have to spend in gas) than to go the store and buy it, but at least if petflow screws up my order again, I know I can get their same exact food someplace close.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You could also try natural cottage cheese on their food. A couple of my dogs hated the natural yogurt too, but they all LOVE the cottage cheese. I sometimes put frozen blueberries, frozen green beans or shredded carrot on top as a garnish....!!!!! :blush2: Can anybody say S-P-O-I-L-T ..... ???

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I use Blue Wilderness and I switch up between Salmon and Duck flavors without a problem. Disclaimer: I'm talking about my bichon. My bulldog is still being switched from her Kibbles and Bits to the Blue Wilderness duck, so I haven't really tried swapping salmon/duck with the bulldog.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

DUDE...I don't know what size balls you are used to...but Jakes' jar would be TOO big for a mantle!! :tease:

I'm actually thinking of going from Blue Buffalo to Fromm. Both Wilson and Jack's stools are soft and have been. But I have to say for the first time since they've been on the fish/sweet potato, Wilson's folds where the tears run down are totally DRY for 3 days now!! They haven't been dry since we brought him home.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Honestly, I would put them on what they will eat. They are pretty smart when it comes to food and if it isn't what they need, often they will refuse to eat it.

If you put egg in it, try raw :). Better for them than the cooked ones.

As far as choking on a chicken leg quarter, Yup...they have HUGE mouths and if they can get it all in there and don't know what they are doing (first time eating it), it can happen. All you have to do is try getting a whole chicken and cutting it in half and giving that to them. You can then take it when they get it small enough to swallow whole. Once they get the hang of it, there is a lot less chance that they will ever try THAT again. lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.