the boys and Fromm

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
okay as you know from reading my post, or actually Oliver's post, last week, petflow screwed up my dog food order and I had to go to Petsmart and pick up a little bag of something to tide the boys over until my order from petflow came in. I picked Blue Wilderness grain free salmon and the duck flavors. The boys inhaled that food. Since I didn't have anything to help with the transition their :poo: was a little soft, but not too bad at all. It made it difficult to pick up when they had accidents in the house (which they are still having :cursing:, but that's a whole nother thread).

Anywhoo, now that their fromm order is here, they are just picking at it. Last night when I came home from class, I was told Oliver didn't eat his dinner at all and Sebastian left some in his bowl. I bought a bag of the beef frittata, which they've been on since switching them to fromm and I bought a bag of the surf and turf. The beef I give them at night since I squirt salmon oil on the evening food and figured I would give them the surf and turf for breakfast just to switch it up. This morning, both boys ate their breakfast right away, but still left probably half a cup in the bowl. I'm feeding them a cup twice a day.

My question is "do you think they are getting burned out on the beef, and should I just switch them to the blue wilderness grain free since they seemed to like it so much?" I really like fromm because they helped clear up Oliver's tear stains so well, but they have come back in the last week or so, but I think his allergies must be kicking in because his eye (brown one) is always really runny and so is his nose.

Any input would be helpful, thanks from a concerned mommy who only wants her babies to eat.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
huhaaaa, I got to tell you, I'm so tired of worrying about whats in the kibble, I so want to go raw!

I was doing the beef fritatta, then the pork, and back on the beef. With all 5 of these bully's and slightly different signs of this and that, the next thing I'm going to do is RAW. (Lord, give me the balls) tehe

sorry if I'm no help :*(

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
huhaaaa, I got to tell you, I'm so tired of worrying about whats in the kibble, I so want to go raw! I was doing the beef fritatta, then the pork, and back on the beef. With all 5 of these bully's and slightly different signs of this and that, the next thing I'm going to do is RAW. (Lord, give me the balls) tehesorry if I'm no help :*(
Ummmm...want Jakes' ?? Could probably get them from the vet when he gets neutered today..:cry:

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
huhaaaa, I got to tell you, I'm so tired of worrying about whats in the kibble, I so want to go raw!

I was doing the beef fritatta, then the pork, and back on the beef. With all 5 of these bully's and slightly different signs of this and that, the next thing I'm going to do is RAW. (Lord, give me the balls) tehe

sorry if I'm no help :*(

I've thought about going RAW too. Tried it with a chicken leg quarter once and Sebastian choked on a piece and almost passed out before I could get to him. Scared the bejeebers out of me and haven't been brave enough to try it again. Right now with me not working because of school and my husband working two jobs and 3.5 kids to feed, not to mention 4 dogs, we can't afford to go RAW yet, but I told my husband someday.

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]: too funny about giving Sherry, Jakes balls!! Give him smooches from us when he comes out of surgery.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Ummmm...want Jakes' ?? Could probably get them from the vet when he gets neutered today..:cry:

HAHAHAH ahh no We got Griz here and he just loves his. knock wood.....heheh he is a very mellow, not horny. good boy

so he gets to keep his, (he needs to prove fertile of course)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I've thought about going RAW too. Tried it with a chicken leg quarter once and Sebastian choked on a piece and almost passed out before I could get to him. Scared the bejeebers out of me and haven't been brave enough to try it again. Right now with me not working because of school and my husband working two jobs and 3.5 kids to feed, not to mention 4 dogs, we can't afford to go RAW yet, but I told my husband someday.[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]: too funny about giving Sherry, Jakes balls!! Give him smooches from us when he comes out of surgery.
:hmm: 3 1/2. kIDS??? WHAT?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Mix a tablespoon of plain natural yogurt into their kibble..... that'll up their enthusiasm for the kibble.....it's also a probiotic . HRH gets yogurt every morning.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:hmm: 3 1/2. kIDS??? WHAT?

My oldest daughter is 19 and only sleeps here about 1 night a week but she pops in about 3 times a week. Technically, she still lives here, but spends most of her time with her friend in another town about 30 minutes away, but still works here in our town.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mix a tablespoon of plain natural yogurt into their kibble..... that'll up their enthusiasm for the kibble.....it's also a probiotic . HRH gets yogurt every morning.

I tried that with Sebastian when I first brought him home and I don't think he really liked the yogurt, because he wouldn't really eat. So I stopped. Never tried it with Oliver. Maybe, I'll try it again, thanks Bruce!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My oldest daughter is 19 and only sleeps here about 1 night a week but she pops in about 3 times a week. Technically, she still lives here, but spends most of her time with her friend in another town about 30 minutes away, but still works here in our town.
Awwww! Understood! Comes home for food and laundry!! And love of course....

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Awwww! Understood! Comes home for food and laundry!! And love of course....

you understand me!!! We even quit charging her rent because she is so seldom here. Our deal was if she was going to college, she could live here and not pay rent, but if she dropped out, she would have to have a job and pay rent. She's had her job since high school, but only lasted one semester away at school before coming home. She says she wants to go back but not before she knows what she wants to do with her life and at 19, she still doesn't know what that is.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
you understand me!!! We even quit charging her rent because she is so seldom here. Our deal was if she was going to college, she could live here and not pay rent, but if she dropped out, she would have to have a job and pay rent. She's had her job since high school, but only lasted one semester away at school before coming home. She says she wants to go back but not before she knows what she wants to do with her life and at 19, she still doesn't know what that is.
What's the rush?? ME EITHER?? Sometimes I really think it's good for them to have some real life experiences..outside school... Don't know HOW they are expected to figure out their life's passion while so young! Exception..my youngest daughter..ALWAYS knew she would be a schoolteacher! And she is and loves it..teachers are a rare breed...I only wish we treated them that way!!

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
What's the rush?? ME EITHER?? Sometimes I really think it's good for them to have some real life experiences..outside school... Don't know HOW they are expected to figure out their life's passion while so young! Exception..my youngest daughter..ALWAYS knew she would be a schoolteacher! And she is and loves it..teachers are a rare breed...I only wish we treated them that way!!

heck, I'm 46, er I mean 25, yeah that's it, and I just figured out what I want to be when I grow up and decided to go back to school.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online