Bulldog and hardwoods

Casee

May 8, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Taser
We just put in hardwoods last year and I have noticed if you get down and look at the floor you can see where Taser is scratching them.....But you really have to get down and look or the light has to be shining on them right. Anyone else have this problem?

nikkip410

Aug 5, 2011
STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
REX
YUP I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.. I DIDNT NOTICE IT TILL A FRIEND WITH ANOTHER BULLY CAME OVER .. AND THEY WERE RUNNING AROUND .. AND SCRATCHING THE FLOOR :nonono:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We had hard maple floors that the dogs scratched up. Now (different house) we have porcelain tile that nobody can scratch. Some people put booties on their dogs paws to keep them from scratching the floor, good luck with that. They can take them off so much faster than you can put them on!

OP
Casee

Casee

May 8, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Taser
lol...yeah booties probably wouldnt go over well with my dog....:eek:)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Oh yeah. Definitely! It's not just the bulldog either. Even the 18lb bichon frise can scratch wood. I got the peticure (it's a dremmel tool) that I use to file my dogs nails down. It makes it round-tipped instead of triangular-tipped. It helps with the scratches, but it doesn't totally eliminate them.

OP
Casee

Casee

May 8, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Taser
yes Ive been using a dremel too....it probably does help some but not total emlimination....just kinda freaks me out, but I guess I will have to get over it....it is what it is......

Attachments

• 45 danielle - bulldog Fiona.jpg
    45 danielle - bulldog Fiona.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 99

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
guinness has torn my newly refinished hardwood floors to crap with his running and playing, but i also have two cats so i can't blame it all on senor chubby

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We just moved into an 1852 farmhouse ... the floors are so old and beaten that none of the dogs could do anything more. But to us that adds to the charm - those old beaten floors are like the wrinkles on a face. They were earned and should be respected for being there. I love my house!!

And is it bad to say that we put floors into our other house that we had before we moved here, and quite frankly I love my babies so much that I didn't really care .. it's not like they were doing it on purpose ...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.