Stuck like glue

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I started a 3 week break from work (I work a preschool calendar) yesterday. When I was of in June, Penny got SUPER attached to me. Today is day 2 at home and she has already attached herself to me.

I love it, but wow. She was asleep with her head on my lap. I got up to go to the restroom. She was still asleep in the couch. Next thing I know she pushes the door open & is in the bathroom with me. Then, followed me back to the living room and is alseep again with her head on my leg.

She's definitely a mama's girl! :D

I'm thinking I may need to plan to go somewhere every day just to put her in the crate a little bit, or put her in for an hour or two in the afternoon.

When I was home in June, she would get excited when my husband came home, and then come back and sit with me (in the kitchen, where ever) Is this anything to worry about?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't think it's anything to worry about. Your dog has bonded strongly with you and wants to be physically close to you. Tate and Finn are like that too, especially Tate. He'll wake up from a sound sleep to follow me to the bathroom. They're just showing how much they love us.

OP
MissPennyLue

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Exhibit A. Lol

She has to be right here with me. I'm working on paperwork for work and wouldn't let her on the couch because she loves to eat paper. The minute I let her up she snuggled
Up & went right to sleep & is snoring loudly!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312909664.450782.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312909664.450782.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 111

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have 4 that stick to me and 1 that doesn't. half the time, I am tripping over my own feet, or dog feet. :ROFL:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Penny is such a doll. :luv:

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aawww .... you wait, one day she'll not be there, and that's when you find yourself going looking for her!!! I do that with Maggie ... if I can't hear her breathing in the same room (and believe me you can hear her breathing/snoring!) then I go check to see where she is!!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver and Sebastian are like that with me. My husband jokes that he's only second best when I am at home. When I'm not home, they are stuck like glue to him, but once I'm home, they are all over me.

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
Our Lily is very attached to my 13 year old daughter. In the mornings, Lily will wait and pace around until Samantha comes downstairs. If Sam is on the couch then Lily wants on the couch, I think Lily will be in for a bit of a shock when school starts and Sam won't be here all day. But I'm sure Lily will figure out the time when Sam will be home and Lily will probably be waiting for her at the door

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
All my dogs and cats follow me everywhere. There is no private time unless I shut the door. Kitties will stick their arms under the door though...in which case if I'm in the bathroom they expect me to play by dragging a strip of TP over their paws. Dogs will generally sit patiently till I come out.

[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]...I also have near trips and stumbles as I maneuver hither and thither.

Most Reactions

Members online