Used the Dyson on Rex

Royandcourtney

Jul 16, 2011
Central Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Rex
My wife got a new Dyson Animal vacuum recently. It is the canister kind. I was using it the other day and playing with the cool attachments and had a great idea.... Let's try this on the dogs. I put on the small brush and gave it a try. Rex was a little scared at first, but he warmed up fast. He let me vacuum his entire body. Since then we vacuum him every three or four days. Have not used the ferminator since we tried this. I was looking online and Dyson has a pet attachment but it is designed for longer haired dogs. I have used this method on all three of our dogs now. This evening Rex was stretched out and I sneaked up on him with the Dyson. He did not move. He loves it now. Now I agree with the $500 vacuum!!!!!Has anyone tried this????

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Whoa! I just bought that Dyson a week ago (purple cannister with a ball and pet attachment). I never thought to use it on the dog! Hmmm... this gives me an idea...

Now, where is that dog...
:D

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I use the crease brush (with the bristles down) on Chance all the time. We also have the purple Dyson animal...bought a few months before Chance came home, specifically because we knew we'd be getting a dog. :) Chance doesn't really mind being vacuumed though there are some days he'd rather play with the vacuum (which gets in the way of household chores). I really want to buy the pet attachment but haven't gotten around to it. Typically I use a slicker brush and the vacuum on him intermittently which does a great job. We tried the pet attachment on him while at Woofstock and he wasn't too pleased but that could have been all the excitement of the day.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I thought about trying this (we have the orange dyson) after seeing a special handheld vacuum at the pet store. The problem is that Penny chases the vacuum

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH would pack her trunks and move if we tried to get the vacuum anywhere near her! When it's used on the carpets is about the only time she actually wants to go outside.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't think mine would go for that either, may have to try and sneak up on Buddy boy one day when he is sleeping. :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.