Get off the couch!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Okay, I lost this battle. It's kinda hard when the humans in my family don't understand the meaning of a LAPDOG. It's really elementary. Bichon Frise - lapdog. English Bulldog - not a lapdog. But then Gizmo, the bichon, would rather sit under the table than on the couch unless he's sitting on someone's lap. And besides, he doesn't shed nor does he drool!

So, for the 100th time since we adopted Bullie, I find him sitting on the couch shedding and drooling. And once again, I tell him, "Get off the couch, Bullie!" and she promptly slides off the couch like a slug. One time, my husband was sitting on the couch and Bullie decided to climb onto his lap. Imagine that - a 60 lb bulldog trying to sit on my husband's lap! Maybe I should get her a doggie mirror so she can see she's not a bichon.

But, today is her 3-year-old birthday and instead of finding Bullie on the couch, I find this:
1312833009.jpg

So yeah, I give up! She even got Gizmo liking the couch now. Sigh.

Okay, so that blanket they are sitting on wasn't there when I found them together on the couch. That blanket is Bullie's blanket that I decided to just put on that corner of the couch as a compromise - ok, you can be on the couch but only on your dog blanket.

Let's see how long that lasts...

Last edited:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Cute pictures of cute dogs! I've got to confess to you, ALL 6 of my past and present Bulldogs have been and are lap dogs. They are entitled to sit on laps!

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
A battle lost. Got a chuckle out of this! Einstein thinks he's a lap dog too. As a matter of fact he's laying only my lap right now. And when we ride in the car if I'm not driving he wants to sit on me!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:birthday: to Bullie, the big 3!! Of course she should be allowed on the couch...it is her birthday!!!! I have allowed so much that I said I wouldn't that is why Vegas is a spoiled momma's boy. Hair and drool? I would expect nothing else actually have gotten used to it, lap dog? of course he thinks he is. until I can't breath and make him scoot over.

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy is the perfect lapdog and so wonderflly snuggly and warm :love:
:birthday: Bullie xx

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I lost that battle long ago! We just keep a fitted flannel sheet over the loveseat. HRH sits between us, she's happy, we're happy. Life is good in Gracie's kingdom.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awww but they are so cute together being friends!!! Happy Birthday Bullie! And Chunk also is a lapdog at 50 lbs ... not by my choice ... as if I have any say in what he does! :lmao:

tpf0612

Jun 23, 2011
Salado, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
I think Sam was here a whole 5 minutes before he discovered the couch. He sleeps there at night, he'll spend the first part sleeping between mine and my wifes side of the bed but when I get up for PT in the am he is laid out on the couch looking like a big ole bully burritio.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:party: ... Happy 3rd Birthday Bullie!!!!

You mean that bulldogs AREN"T lapdogs ... hmmm... don't think anybody told our family that fact!!! :lol:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Happy Birthday Bullie!!! I hope it was just as wonderful as you are.

Mine are total lap dogs and they sleep on the sofa daily. I love it!

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Thanks for the bday greetings guys! I told Bullie she got bday greetings and she looked at me with the same forlorn look. I don't think she was impressed. LOL!

Okay, lesson learned - do not feed a bulldog ice-cream even on her birthday. It turns into slurpy-poop and is impossible to pick out of your grass! Man, hope she goes back to normal poop tomorrow. Now if I can just figure out which kid gave her the ice-cream... sometimes I feel like the bulldog is the least stubborn of this household.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.