• Harness

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

mosca72

Jul 15, 2011
New Westminster BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Besito
Is more by choice than anything else. For example Besito is being always walk with a collar. It gives me more control and I found out that make him easy to follow me during a walk

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I chose harness, you didn't have the option for both. When walking Matilda we us the step in harness.. I use the collar for her tags and when we go visit the vet.

Same thing for me! :) Plus Chunk's collar matches his lead and it's super cool. :)

Casee

May 8, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Taser
I cannot use a collar for Taser he gags and throws up when he pulls...to be honest it freaks me out! My vet said never to use a collar with this breed of dog anyways.

tpf0612

Jun 23, 2011
Salado, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
Sam has a harness....he is so freakin strong and has such a thick neck we could never get a collar to fit right. I only use it when he gets to go for a road trip, we bought it when we took him with us when me and my wife got married and were glad we did especially when the fire alarm went off at like 3 in the morning and we had to take the stairs to get out of the hotel. :shout:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We put O in a harness. Morning, noon and night. This way, I can grab her easily. Yes, I pick her up by the harness. She's so small, sometimes it's the fastest way to pull her to safety. Vegas? No way with a harness. He does a crazy "get it off me now" run and tries to rub it off. When we go out, it's a harness for him. The collar he normally wears is very loose and can easily be pulled over his head. He has often put on his brakes and stopped in the middle of a walk...only to have me not notice until I'm dragging his collar down the road. Bulldog necks and heads are about the same size, so getting a collar to stay on is a task in itself. I'd say...stay with the harness. Safer. Easier.

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
We use both. Lily always has her collar on but when we go for walks we use her harness. My 13 year old daughter is the one who is usually holding the leash and she finds it easier to walk Lily with the harness. She used to pull a lot more then she does now but when she does pull (usually when she sees another dog coming), it's easier to hold on to her and we know she's not hurting her throat or neck.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.