DOG FOOD !!

nikkip410

Aug 5, 2011
STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
REX
What is everyone feeding their bully ?? I am currently using wellness large breed adult its main protein source is chicken .. Which he has been on for a year .. Is it true that your are supposed to switch do a different protein source after awhile?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes they say they can develop allergies to it if they eat it too long. You can switch within the same type of wellness that you are feeding without any problems. Plus it gives them a good variety which is nice. I am feeding the fromm grain free. They only have 2 types, surf and turf and beef frittata so we switch between the 2.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My dogs are on Blue Wilderness - either duck or salmon.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Mine are also on Blue Wilderness grain free---salmon and the "puppy" formula which is chicken based. I also gave them some of the canned Blue in salmon and duck which they seemed to enjoy.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas has been on Nature's Variety Instict Salmon for a year and does great, the one and only time I tried to change proteins I bought a bag of the same only Chicken, he did awful, I switched back to the Salmon. I personally worry that he has been on the same food for so long and gets bored with the flavor, but it does work well for him. My husband has to keep telling me "He inhales his food so he does not care that he is on the same food" (and don't tell him, but he is right).

Bulliemom25

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Kramer :)
Has anyone tried the Castor & Pollux? I ordered the puppy formula for Kramer based on the reviews on the petfood-ratings website. Any other bullies tried this brand?

Royandcourtney

Jul 16, 2011
Central Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Rex
We are feeding Blue Buffalo Select Salmon to our EB and Rottie. We have our Chihuahua on Wellness. All three are doing great on these.

Attachments

• 115 tacorisbulldogs.jpg
    115 tacorisbulldogs.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 97

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I have my boys on the Fromm grain free and switch between the two proteins. They get one in the morning for breakfast and the other in the evening for dinner. They are doing great on it. I have put them on Blue Wilderness when I run out of Fromm and the :poo: seems to be a little softer then when they are on Fromm

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Chaos eats Fromm as well. Just transitioned him from puppy to the all life stages , salmon a la veg! He LOVES it!!!! You can't go wrong feeding Fromm if you choose kibble. Nice solid poops and all :lmao:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson is on the Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon. I have heard that it is good to alternate protein sources from time to time but I'm not sure if that is true. I find if I ever try to change Samson to anything other than a fish based food he has a bad reaction. So for my Samson it's best that he stay on the one protein source, fish, preferably salmon. It's the way it goes with bullys, while one food is good for one bully it may not be for another.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed FROMM also, but Lucy can not eat the duck and sweet potato, she turns red and starts to itch, but it does not bother the others, so we changed to the Surf and turf for them and she does good on it. Buddy boy will not eat the surf and turf but will eat the pork and apple sauce. Picky boy. :cursing:

Hoggcitybullyz

May 4, 2011
Taste of the wild either bison or duck look at this boy he's only 10 months in picture....
aefe45fc-5eaf-11a8.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313431166.460167.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313431166.460167.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 113

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Matilda is on Blue Wilderness. I have tried s few other brands that were cheaper due to lack of income but they just didn't work well for her. I just moved her back to her Blue on Thursday. She seems so happy about it.

DinoRoyale

Aug 4, 2011
Red Wing
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
FROMM!!!!! So happy, we switched Angus on Saturday to Fromm from crappy IAMs and we couldn't be more pleased. He trucks to his food bowl, so we know he likes it, he's not dooking 8 times a day as before, and it's good for him. Win Win!!!! Thank you for all the information on food! :thankyou::thankyou:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.