Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Health guarantee...what does it mean, really?

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Health guarantee...what does it mean, really?

Quote Originally Posted by reallyrob View Post
    I got insurance on Bertie the day that I got her. I am so glad that I did! I had to make a claim for cherry eye surgery, stenotic nares, elongated pallet surgery, cherry eye surgery on the other eye and umbilicle hernia repair. They paid 90% of all the bills with no deductible! Trupanion is the best insurance company for pets by far! They also just changed and no they have no claim limits. It used to be $20,000 per lifetime limit. If anyone has a puppy, now is the time to get it insured! They cover copngenital defects, as long as they haven't appeared yet, and the earlier you gte insurance the better.
    I emailed them and I got a response today. I had inquired on whether Vegas having epilepsy who made him uninsurable. They said..no. He would be insurable, only the pre-existing conditions would be excluded.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Belle,Ella,Lilly,Queenie
    Likes (Received)

health guarantee:
    I also was in a situation with a bully who had health problems. She was my 1st bully, I choke it up to a learning experience. I have 4 now and they are healthy. BUT you have to do your homework before you buy!! ask,ask,ask you can never ask to many questions. make sure you see both parents. call the vet that they use.. That is my #1 priority!!!!! talk to their vet and ask them about the health of dam and stud. Also ask about the vet checks that were on the pups. If the breeder vacs them herself make sure that you have the records. AND that the dog has had a health check from vet before purchasing.
    as far as any compensation for your bulldog at this point you are not entitled to any compensation, To long ago. You would of needed to act on it then. I know its a expensive learning experience, like mine also. So people in future know what your health guarantee really means. because some may mean nothing at all..... again ask..... skin, allergies, eyes, hips, patellas, seizers, pallet, tail, what kind of puppy food are they on?? all important questions. if they are on junk puppy food walk away!! If they have to many dogs to feed good food then they don't care about dogs. only money...

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree, the breeder was contacted. Therefore something should have been done.

But asking now- it just may be too late unfortunately.

Great advice from michelle, I think that should be added to the puppy buying tips!!!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Personally I think the health guarantee I got was kind of a joke. The one I got from my breeder had so many disclaimers it was almost comical. Basically all they covered was skeletal or congenitive problems...and I'm sure even if my dog died that would be hard to "prove" to the breeder.

Just my experience...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads