It's official. I have a water bulldog.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
She's so crazy in love with water. I have one of those showers that is designed to not have a door. Today, my husband went in the bathroom while I was taking a shower and Bullie came in the bathroom with him... and immediately went into the shower! I tried to kick her out of my space and, of course, I couldn't budge her. She had her face right under the spray just enjoying herself, so I ended up just shampooing her with my Aussie shampoo and giving her a good wash. She wouldn't get out until I turned off the water... then, of course, she shakes and flings dog-water all over me... I had to take another shower - with her locked out of the bathroom this time. Hope the Aussie shampoo is not going to give her skin problems. She did smell good though. :)

I tested her with the spray bottle - lots of people have been saying to use the spray bottle to tell her No. That didn't work. She got excited to be sprayed with water! And what's more, she likes sitting infront of the fridge while we fill our glass with water/ice from the fridge door, I guess, hoping we'd spill some! She loves to chew at ice - she thinks it's a treat!

We took her to the dog park this afternoon and first thing she did was jump into the pond. It's not deep, so we didn't worry much that she can't swim. And, since humans are not allowed in the pond, she didn't even go far into the water. She seems to be very good with staying close to my husband or my son. She smells like pond-water now - no more Aussie smell. Waaaa.

I am really really really loving this dog.

Bullie soaking wet at the dog park:
1312688721.jpg

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She is too funny!! My bullies love ice cubes too

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Love the pic in the pond!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Sounds like Vegas, he loves squirt bottles so that was never going to happen to correct his behavior, and he use to get in the shower with me all the time when he was a pup, he does not do that now.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
He looks like he's having so much fun ........ I can't get any of our dogs in the kiddies paddling pool I got them!! And they all hate baths!! :shout:

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Aww, that's so cute!

You have the polar opposite of Delilah. Delilah doesn't like to go near water. She puts up with baths but doesn't like them. The only time she goes near water on her own accord is when it is to lay in a muddy puddle!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.