Need some advice

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
As you guys know I have two fosters right now. Well one foster and one new 5 year old bully. I have a problem with them both. They are both spayed but they hump anyone and anything they can. It is driving us nuts, not to mention my 7 mo female bully.

Any suggestions on stopping this?

Laurie

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
No help here, but we can commiserate a little. HRH still tries to hump a little when she is excited. About once a day when i first get home from work. She does stop quickly though when we tell her NO HUMP! So for us it's not a huge problem. She hasn't ever tried to hump another dog. Mostly just me. Rarely Bruce.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh, I so hope someone has an answer!! Vegas is 2, been neutered since 4.5 months old and humps everyone and all dogs!! It is just flat out obnoxious and embarrassing!

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
Hello Laurie! I have a suggestion for training your dogs to listen when you say "NO" about anything, including humping. This is a very humane way to discipline any dog...get yourself a squirt bottle and fill it with water. Turn the nozzle setting where it will squirt a good distance. When your dogs start doing something (humping, barking, or anything against the rules) just get your squirt bottle, say "NO" in a firm tone and squirt the offender until they stop doing whatever it is you don't want them to do! If you want to you can add a little essential oil (we use lavender) so that even if you miss your "target" with the stream of water, the scent will remind them they need to behave! Try it, it works!! If you use essential oil...your house will smell nice, too! Good luck, friends!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
The humping is a way of trying to show dominance. So try the squirt bottle as suggested by Donna LeBlanc .... or immeidately pin them to show that it is unacceptable behaviour. By pinning, I mean roll them onto their back immediately and have one hand on their chest, and the other on the side of their head and pin them from moving. If the dog is big you can use your leg on their lower half to really stabilise them. In the wild, the leader of the pack would throw his body weight on the body and put his jaw on the side of the head to hold them to show his displeasure in their actions. That's what you are doing with your hands .. you are mimicking that action.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.