okay this might be long, so please bear with me, but I'm so proud of Oliver...

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Today was the annual Island Art Fair that is held on a little island on a river near where I live. My sister is one of the crafters that sell their goods and I go every year and spend all day helping her. This year I decided to take Oliver with me since it would be an awesome experience for him since he is training to be a therapy dog; all the people, other dogs, noises, and whatnot. My sister's booth is right next to the dock and they give Paddleboat rides all day long every 30 minutes. The first time they sounded the horn when the boat was leaving the dock, Oliver jumped and looked around :eek:. The next hundred (not really) times after that, it didn't even phase him, sometimes he wouldn't even wake up from a nap. I had people all day long coming up and asking if they could pet him and asking all kinds of questions. Most were amazed when I said he was only 7 months old. Only one person called him fat :cursing:. The rest of the people were just gushing all over him and fell instantly in love with his face. Well, duh! We even had a reporter come up and even :photo: snap his picture and interview me about him and we will be written up in the small town paper here. People were even asking my sister how come she didn't have any bulldog stuff when she had the perfect model right in front of her. My sister is into the primitive/folk art stuff and makes paper mach`e animals. She said she just may have to have a picture of Oliver and Sebastian's faces so maybe she could start doing some of them. Even when it started pouring rain, it didn't phase him. He just continued to follow me wherever I went. I even had him off leash most of the day.

On the way home we stopped at Petsmart to pick up a small bag of dog food since petflow screwed up my order this week :perturbed:. Saw his trainer and got him signed up to take his CGC test tomorrow at 2, so wish us luck. Then the only thing left will be his TDI test and he will officially be a therapy dog!

He handled all the people, kids and other dogs like it was no big deal and I received so many wonderful compliments on how well behaved, gentle and calm he was, so of course, for lunch I had to buy him a cheeseburger! He just didn't eat the bun!!! Then when we got home, he ate his dinner and had watermelon for dessert!!! Can we say spoiled?

Thanks for reading my little short story, but he made his momma proud of him today.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thanx so much for sharing your story. It's things like this that make EBN so special, with very special dogs. :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good luck tomorrow Oliver, you'll do great. But watermelon?? Oh the:fart::haha:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We knew Oliver was wonderful and hearing this story just illustrates it. Good luck tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
What a good dog.

4caff1b1-5801-87ee.jpg

Last edited:
OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Good luck tomorrow Oliver, you'll do great. But watermelon?? Oh the:fart::haha:

I must have the weirdest bulldogs ever. Not only do they not fart, they don't destroy toys, suck on any toys or blankets, drool (exept after a drink, then it's not really drool, just drips), or any of the other outlandish things some of ya'll's dogs do. The watermelon didn't even phase him, no gassy smells in the middle of the night. Off in an hour and a half for the CGC test. Paws crossed he does well.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Wow that's great no gas after watermelon, I can't even say that for myself. :ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online