wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
as the title says we bought guinness a messload of new toys and within 3 hours he has destroyed $65 of them...in fact the ones that re destroyed are so bad they are already in the trash. Gotta love a :bully:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
as the title says we bought guinness a messload of new toys and within 3 hours he has destroyed $65 of them...in fact the ones that re destroyed are so bad they are already in the trash. Gotta love a :bully:

:ROFL: I feel your pain. The only thing Matilda hasn't destroyed is her Nylabone.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We bought HRH a new Nylabone today because she had destroyed her old one.... Also got her something called a T-Bone that she really likes too. :)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
my dogs have never destroyed a toy!!! Currently Oliver is working on one of my high heels and the tv remote :cursing: but no toys!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's funny, it doesn't take long to find out which toy not to buy.:ROFL:

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
a couple Kong beast toys, destroyed in an hour. and a couple other more sturdy toys, but no match for senor chubby

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
@wfd38383 have you tried toys from these guys?

*snip* "The manufacturer guarantees this product to a degree that is rarely seen. If the red indicator is visible, you may send the toy back to Goughnuts and they will replace the toy for free! It's like getting the never ending chew toy! Check out the guarantee on their website for details..."

GoughNuts Guarantee - If your dog chews through the outside wear layer, Green or Black, to expose the indication layer, Red, GoughNuts will replace your toy. Blah blah blah... No chew toy is indestructable. Guarantee Link

Looks like there is a $4.85 shipping charge, but hey - that's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp Bullie puppy tooth! :tongue:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..personally..I'm pretty sure Senor Chubby is acting out! I wonder what he could be sayin? :hmm: is it really a mere coincidence that his daddy was in a drunken stupor last night..then out of guilt...bought out half the dog toys...what is ANY self respecting bulldog going to do?? THAT'S RIGHT !! He is trying to help you! He feels he must not keep those toys around and play with them...ooooooh no! He has to do whatever he can to stop this behavior...even if it means destruction! Yup...I understand that sweet..innocent dog! :yes:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
LOL! I feel ya!

We don't buy dog toys. I mean - we get them as gifts on dog bdays and Christmas but we don't buy them ourselves. We use old t-shirts and knot it at certains places, we use discarded tennis balls from the community tennis court, or ropes left over from scouting and such. Then we don't feel too bad when the dog destroys the toy.

We did the same for our parrot. He would destroy $25 toys in an hour. So, we just take untreated lumber remnants from construction sites, soak it in food coloring and string it with thick rope - tada. Bird toy.

When we got our bichon frise, he didn't play with toys (he's a wierd one - doesn't play with toys and doesn't like treats much). We got him some bones and squeaky things when he was a puppy to help him with teething, but all he ever did with them is bring it into his kennel and sleep on them.

When we adopted Bullie, she came with a basket full of toys. I mean, there are TONS of them... all intact. Even the giant tennis ball with a rope is still intact. So, I figured she's not a big chewer. Sure enough, she's not a chewer, but if you play tug of war with her, she destroys whatever toy it is you're tugging over. I guess her previous mom didn't play tug of war with her much. LOL! We destroyed 1/4 of the basket of toys before we learned our lesson. LOL!

Last edited:

cbuttah

Oct 10, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
lol...story of my life. Samson sticks to only nylabone and some Kong toys, mostly the ones you fill with treats.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I'm sure I've gone thru a lot of $$ in toys. I finally learned my lesson. Since they are no longer puppies they have slowed down and now just nap a lot. BabyGirl is the only one who wants to play actively for a few minutes with my Frenchton Louie but once it's over she's done for the day. Everybody gets a long walk at night and there is plenty of sniffing and stray cats weaving in between and under cars to keep them visually amused. Now I just have the "antlers" for their amusement and oral satisfaction. My cats on the other hand have every kind of toy mousie there is and one cat who likes to drown her mousies in her water bowl.
/\__/\_____
(=-.-=),,__,,_)~~~~

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ummm... We need to see the evidence of this supposed toy attack. ;) There are a few great strong toys that hold up for us. Once you find a brand you like just get a few diff varieties that will at least hold up for a bit. Those blue, clear hard plastic toys seem to hold up to my boys chewing like crazy. Cannot think of the brand but some have little ropes tied into part which gets destroyed but the toy itself holds up very well for us.

Members online

No members online now.