Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Hey guys and girls,

Guinness has about 4-8 red marks on his back on the skin...bout 4-5 inches behind the head . They are about dime sized. They felt like some type of dry skin when i was petting him last night and some dry skin even came off with it, but when i was giving him a bath today I realized that their were red spots along with it...wasn't to found of me touching them either. he has had all of his shots and has never missed a dose of advantix II....we did start him on FROMM salmon a la veg abut 3 weeks ago, but the food appears to be doign well for him as cleared up tear stains and stabalized his :poo:

I was able to take a quick pic of one of the bumps:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh! I sure hope this isn't connected to his vomiting this morning! I'm sorry I don't know much about skin issues..but from what vie read here there are a multitude of maybes...someone will come along that knows..in the meantime.. :hug: to Guinness!

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I hope not either, but he only threw up food this am and didn't throw up in 7 hours so i'm hoping just ate too fast

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Hmmm I'm not sure, maybe he had an reaction to something outside?????? If it were my I would just keep an eye on it for a couple days and see what happens.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Could be ringworm (fungus)? try an antifungal foot lotion (they don't like sprays) like desonex. Was thinking hot spots but not sure. If it is ringworm...you can get it. Just make sure to wash your hands well.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Yeah, Lotrimin works great. I would watch that pretty closely...if the spots get bigger or he gets more, I would head to the vet. That is how the demodex started for Gypsy. I did take some pics. I will try to post those tonight.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] i tried to post the best pic I could but it was with a cell phone and he would not sit still @ all

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
i think if they do get bigger time to see the vet and let him do a scraping to rule out mites. could just be hot spots.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online