Cali Bans Animal Sales

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] that is very interesting.
I hadnt heard of this law being passed and when I first read the article I was thinking "good it is banning the sale in petstores." So much for that thought.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thank you [MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] you made "my" opinion much clearer.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That was very enlightening [MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION]

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
By the way, I just want to clarify that there are good things that HSUS does. For example - I agree with them that pet rescues and adoption should be considered first before purchasing a puppy from a breeder - to a point. HSUS, of course, goes so far as to completely eliminate breeders from society (this even includes agricultural animals - they are promoting a vegan culture with PETA). I don't go that far. And, of course, they are very quick to expose animal cruelty - but then, they go too far with it, like their drive to ban pit bull ownership because of the rampant use of pit bulls in dogfighting. Etc.

So, yes, I'm not saying they're completely useless. But things like SB 917 is not the answer to animal cruelty and it would be great if people will understand the vision of HSUS and PETA to shed more light on the seemingly unintended consequences these regulations are going to cause - consequences that HSUS and PETA are very well aware of and even planned for.

Make sense?

I've been fighting that battle for years with the reptiles - it's easier for them to target reptiles because they're not cute and cuddly for majority of pet owners. But, it's the "foot in the door" that they're aiming for.

Most Reactions