Thread: Cali Bans Animal Sales

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cali Bans Animal Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Telly03 View Post
    If the intent was to stop puppy mills, then ban puppy mills... California continues to amaze me, and I'm from California. So now if want a puppy, you have to go to a puppy mill in someone's private property to buy it, but you also are unable to buy a hamster from the pet store. So you have not stopped the puppy mills, but you shut down numerous businesses... smart move.Didn't San Francisco ban toys from happy meals, then try to ban keeping goldfish in a bowl? Just more control onpeoples lives... you can blame Fox News for reporting it, but I'll give them credit, because this mentality bothers me.Keep it in California where the residents are happy about it, please please please
    Ok.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    This article is a piece of crap..and I hardly believe the humane society is an"animal extremist" group.
    Actually, it's a well-known fact that Wayne Pacelle, President of HSUS is anti-pet-ownership and anti-hunting. He fits the "animal extremist" label in that sense.

Here's some famous Pacelle quotes for you:
    When asked if he envisioned a future without pets, “If I had my personal view, perhaps that might take hold. In fact, I don’t want to see another dog or cat born.”
    ----Wayne Pacelle quoted in Bloodties: Nature, Culture and the Hunt by Ted Kerasote, 1993, p. 266.

“ One generation and out. We have no problem with the extinction of domestic animals.” ---Wayne Pacelle, quoted in Animal People, May, 1993

"We are going to use the ballot box and the democratic process to stop all hunting in the United States ... We will take it species by species until all hunting is stopped in California. Then we will take it state by state."
    ---Wayne Pacelle, Full Cry Magazine, October 1, 1990.

Wayne Pacelle considers your ability to own an English Bulldog in the exact same context as you owning a black slave. His goal in life is to FREE these slaves.

So, if you think that HSUS' support for SB 917 is about "puppy mills" you really have no idea who these people are. HSUS' goal is to stop pet ownership. Period.

And just as a note: Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is not the same as your local Humane Society shelters. This became very obvious in the hurricane Katrina disaster. Most of your donations to HSUS do not go to animal shelters and rescue organizations - just like they didn't go to the pets separated from their owners in the Katrina disaster. They go to lobbyists. That's their main push - getting their anti-pet-ownership, anti-hunting agenda on every state and federal law. If you want to donate to Humane Society animal shelters, do not donate it to HSUS, donate it to your local humane society.

You might think that this article is nothing but fear-mongering. I can understand that. But, at the same time, you really don't know who you are supporting. And if there's the disastrous opposite of fear-mongering, it is hoodwinking you into believing that the HSUS is on your side. Ownership of an English Bulldog? That is the enemy of the HSUS - they want all domestic animals to become extinct because according to their vision, animals belong in the wild.

And I'll leave you with these words from PETA - another sponsor of SB 917:

“Let us allow the dog to disappear from our brick and concrete jungles–from our firesides, from the leather nooses and chains by which we enslave it.” John Bryant, Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of A Changing Ethic Washington People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, (PeTA), 1982, p. 15.

“Pet ownership is an absolutely abysmal situation brought about by human manipulation.” Ingrid Newkirk, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PeTA), “Just Like Us?” Harper’s, August 1988, p. 50

So yeah, California. Keep it there please.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Yawn

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

@anatess that is very interesting.
    I hadnt heard of this law being passed and when I first read the article I was thinking "good it is banning the sale in petstores." So much for that thought.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Thank you @anatess you made "my" opinion much clearer.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That was very enlightening @anatess

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

By the way, I just want to clarify that there are good things that HSUS does. For example - I agree with them that pet rescues and adoption should be considered first before purchasing a puppy from a breeder - to a point. HSUS, of course, goes so far as to completely eliminate breeders from society (this even includes agricultural animals - they are promoting a vegan culture with PETA). I don't go that far. And, of course, they are very quick to expose animal cruelty - but then, they go too far with it, like their drive to ban pit bull ownership because of the rampant use of pit bulls in dogfighting. Etc.

So, yes, I'm not saying they're completely useless. But things like SB 917 is not the answer to animal cruelty and it would be great if people will understand the vision of HSUS and PETA to shed more light on the seemingly unintended consequences these regulations are going to cause - consequences that HSUS and PETA are very well aware of and even planned for.

Make sense?

I've been fighting that battle for years with the reptiles - it's easier for them to target reptiles because they're not cute and cuddly for majority of pet owners. But, it's the "foot in the door" that they're aiming for.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads