new member; deaf bulldog

OP
D

Dillahaj

Aug 3, 2011
Thanks everyone, Rowan is our 2 year old :) Stella will be 4 months old on the 16th. I think it's going to be the Rowan and Stella Show for the next few years for my wife and I :).

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think cute little Rowan just lost his chair :rofl: He and Stella are gonna keep you two very busy the next few years!!!! I hope you will let us enjoy the trials and tribulations too thru pix and stories. :welcome: to EBN and congrats on your second baby.... she's a doll!! :D

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Thanks everyone, Rowan is our 2 year old :) Stella will be 4 months old on the 16th. I think it's going to be the Rowan and Stella Show for the next few years for my wife and I :).

That makes for a GREAT show and I hope you share more of it here. ;) Both babies are amazing! No more advice or wisdom, you have gotten a lot of good stuff already. Welcome aboard and let us know what happens and share your stories in her upbringing too please. :)

Spinal Remains

May 31, 2011
Nassau County, N.Y.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
I have never owned a deaf animal to be honest, but the professionals swear that deaf animals are easier to train. The reason is because the dog will frquently look to you for visual cues. Dogs respond very well to visual stimuli and you can train her easily by pointing, putting your hands together, hands up etc........... I saw that Ceasar guy do wonders with a deaf dog, and it seemed very simple. I think most times we over-analyze our dogs. Usually, simple is the best. Repetition, patience, and of course love is the key.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.