Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new member; deaf bulldog

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: new member; deaf bulldog

Thank you for posting pictures. Your babies (both of them) are just adorable. I think, like others have said, that the fact that she is deaf won't make her any less of a joy. It might take a bit longer to train and she would have to be on-leash most of the time outside since you will not be able to call her with your voice. I don't have any experience with a deaf pet, but I have several very close deaf family members and I can't see that it would be too much different than having a hearing pet. You are right, that she should have compensated you in some way but I wouldn't return her for sure.

Take care and hope that you find some rest.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I have always loved the white Bully's . Even though I have heard it's common among white animals to be deaf. I've known blind dogs in their senior years and they also adapt to their surroundings. I'm sure you will meet someone on here soon that can give you experienced advice. As each day goes by, you may find that a dog that is deaf has its perks too, like it isn't going to bark much, if at all. Just keep the pictures coming, and the updates. Stella is precious!
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and Stella is beautiful. There is no way I could give her back, with patience and time she will learn your hand and face gestures, and will be a great and loving bully. The breeder is in my opinion, irresponsible and you can't tell me they did not know if they paid any attention to their pups at all that she was deaf. We socialize all our pups with all the gang as they are growing up and even start potty training them before they go to their fur-ever homes. Be patient and lots of love and it will be all worth it 10 times over.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Stella is beautiful!!!
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Thanks everyone, Rowan is our 2 year old Stella will be 4 months old on the 16th. I think it's going to be the Rowan and Stella Show for the next few years for my wife and I .

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I think cute little Rowan just lost his chair He and Stella are gonna keep you two very busy the next few years!!!! I hope you will let us enjoy the trials and tribulations too thru pix and stories. to EBN and congrats on your second baby.... she's a doll!!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dillahaj View Post
    Thanks everyone, Rowan is our 2 year old Stella will be 4 months old on the 16th. I think it's going to be the Rowan and Stella Show for the next few years for my wife and I .
    That makes for a GREAT show and I hope you share more of it here. Both babies are amazing! No more advice or wisdom, you have gotten a lot of good stuff already. Welcome aboard and let us know what happens and share your stories in her upbringing too please.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
    Likes (Received)

I have never owned a deaf animal to be honest, but the professionals swear that deaf animals are easier to train. The reason is because the dog will frquently look to you for visual cues. Dogs respond very well to visual stimuli and you can train her easily by pointing, putting your hands together, hands up etc........... I saw that Ceasar guy do wonders with a deaf dog, and it seemed very simple. I think most times we over-analyze our dogs. Usually, simple is the best. Repetition, patience, and of course love is the key.
    Even on the most awful of days, Hambone can get a smile out of me. I don't know what else to say other than, the bond one has with their dog is one of the most special things there is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads