When does the "humping" ever stop????

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas was 2, March 28th, he was neutered at 4 months old (we adopted him at 4.5 months old) he has ALWAYS humped! My son's dog a female spayed Pit/Lab mix is his favorite. Yesterday my son brought his Pitt over along with his new male neutered Boston Terrior, Vegas checked out the new Boston sniffed a few minutes and went straight to Krillen and tried to hump her. This goes on every time she is here!! :cursing: it is so obnoxious!!!!!

EVERYTIME he does this I put him down, hold/pin him until he is calm and let him up, and I swear within 10 min. he is trying it again. He wares me out and makes the visit unpleasant every time. He can't even reach her so he is basically holding on to her side AIR HUMPING. I know it is a dominence thing, but it has been almost 2 years of this bad behavior of his. Is there any thing else I can do to him? I have put him in his crate for time outs and he just sits in there and barks obnoxiously until I let him back out to see Krillen (Oh it can be my company humans, as well as Krillen) I am so over it and I was so mad yesterday that I took a rolled up magazine and whacked his A*S!!

ANY other suggestions would be more than appreciated!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:perturbed: I feel your pain Kelly..and I think Vegas is lucky he only got a whack! I don't have an answer for you..but since Jake has the same equipment as Vegas..I will hopefully learn from you! :hug:

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Oh no!! I though Ruckus did this because he's not neutered ( yet). He will only try w/ my legs if I'm laying in bed, but a firm "no" usually does the trick. As soon as he's with my brothers dog that's all he tries to do. My brothers dog will turn real fast and ruckus will lay down, then he tries again, almost like it's a game.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I wish just one time Krillen would turn on him (not by no means rip his face off!!) But is she would just snap/growl at him just once, I think it would put him in his place, what ends up happening is Vegas gets punished so much that Krillen gets nervous that she is the one in trouble. One of the only 3 times we took Vegas to the dog park another male dog tried to hump Vegas and the owner put a stop to it, I said No let him at it, Vegas deserves it!! :lmao:

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I know what you mean. When my brothers dog Chubbs, turns real quick Ruckus submits my lying down, but Chubbs is such a calm submissive pit that he won't do mire than a quick turn around and Ruckus thinks it's a game . I keep tellun Ruckus he's gonna get you lol, but he just won't .

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Try a spray bottle with water and cool his jets down. :ROFL: I always keep fresh bowls of water outside, if I catch bad behavior close enough to me, the water goes a-flying. (not the bowl, just the water)

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I am in the same boat with Bear, he humps anything and everything but he isn't and won't be neutered so I guess I am in for it. I pin him, he gets shunned, I try to whack with stuff but it doesn't phase him. Sorry I am no help whatsoever but I feel your pain!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Hmmm...water doesn't sound like a bad idea! How about distraction? you could take stinky monkey when he starts? I don't know...but like [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said, Vegas can be the oldest child...the one the parents experiment with and we can all learn what works! lmbo

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION], Uumm... Vegas Looooves a squirt bottle, he would stop the humping to try to drink it, then just assume the position again. Water, pinning him down, time out in his crate, coins in a can, rolled up magazine swat to the A*S...NOTHING will stop him for good, it might stop him for the moment, but then it is right back at it. NON-STOP! I am not exagerating my son was here for about 2.5 hours yesterday and I had to stop him at least 10-11 times, I even had my son put him down thinking he would be intimidated...Nope!! If it wasen't 113* degrees out I would have put him out on the screened in Lanie for the rest of the visit. He is just flat out obnoxious!! :cursing: I have even put him in my bedroom and shut the door only to listen to him bark NON-STOP!!! I am at my wit's end with this behavior, other than that and eating my flowers he is a good boy.

[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION], I will not touch stinkey Monkey, it made him have head tremors the last time Joe was playing keep a way with it. Stinkey Monkey and Hussy Bear gets put up before Krillen gets here so there is no issues if she would grab one of them.

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh my that does sound obnoxious. and a Stinky monkey hahahaha that sounds very funny.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My bullie is a 60lb girl and she humped my 18lb male bichon the first day they met. Quite a crazy thing to see. The bichon put her in her place and she laid down on the floor with her neck exposed and that was that. She hasn't done it since.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
No suggestions for you, as I've never really had a dog that humped..most of my dogs have been female.

However..I wanted to say that Delilah on occasion humps my dad's male pomeranian's face. It is HYSTERICAL. I know I shouldn't laugh..but oh my god is it funny. She'll do it for like 5 seconds and then be done. I've only seen her do it a few times haha. She has the ends confused..and gender roles..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online