Buster Update! and some encouraging words for new bulldog owners..

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
I'm sure most of you are somewhat familiar with my bulldog Buster. He's not around 10 and a half weeks now. I know nights 1 and 2 were a nightmare. Buster was crying so loud, i thought our entire apt complex could hear. He took his sweet time to start pooping regularly. He seemed to be really uncomfortable and scared. and he pooped out worms (which freaked out my gf haha) But like everyone said, it passed. I am really grateful for all the encouraging words I got on here! So moral of the story, no matter how crazy and impossible it seems, it gets so much better :D

We're still working on potty training, he's doing pretty well and we're about to start his clicker training :) He has blown me away with his crate training. After the first night, I was for sure 100% against crate training. I didn't think I wanted to even attempt it at all. He's amazing at it now! and it's only been a handful of days. He cried for quite a bit the first night and made it very clear he didnt like it. But now, he loves it! he goes in during the day by himself to take naps and just for his own space.

There's still plenty of things ahead, but he's done so well that i know he'll do great. Time to keep moving with potty training and then on to getting him to stop chewing!

qx19py.jpg

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
That's great news! Violet is getting out of her biting stage thank God! She's 4months now. She is now loosing and getting teeth so the chewing is coming back. I feel so had for her poor mouth...

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=2808]AMart79[/MENTION] I am so glad your baby boy is settling in and showing you why we all love our Bullies so bad. Every phase passes eventually and as long as you try to remember this when its happening you will not stress so much.
is the pic after his first bath? I have a similiar one :luv: he looks like he's saying "what did you do that for?"

[MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION] try putting a wet facecloth in the freezer for Violet to chew on, it will help with those sore little gums :hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
First off I have to say that pic is friggin cute! Congrats on the good news too, lets hope it keeps going this good for you. ;)

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Welcome and what a cutie!!! I bet you get in lots of snuggles with this one. I came on this site when I got my bulldog over a year ago and the amount of help and support I received was immeasurable. I never have to look elsewhere for anything. If you don't get an answer here, only a vet would know anything further! More pics please :)

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Aww!!! Buster is so cute!! I just wanna kiss his little belly!! I will get better over time, I promise.

OP
A

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
Thanks everybody! And yes, this is from his first bath :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Aww! What a cute little baby in that picture! Thank you for sharing that. I am glad things are going better. You have a great attitude. Just right for a puppy parent :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Awesome after bath pic! Glad to hear things are going sowell!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Glad to hear that he's settling!! Delilah was terrible for like 2 weeks when I got her. The crying just didn't stop at night!

And that picture..is OMG CUTE. I keep going back and looking at it, lol! :heart:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw such a cute pic. im glad things are settling in and it only gets better. my bully gets anything she wants with a look.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buster is a cutie and sounds like he is coming along great with the training. just be patient with the potty training, he will get there.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.