It's been a while

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Hi all,

It has been a while since we have been on here. Really enjoying my summer with the family, so I haven't had time to get on the computer that much. Everyone here is doing well. Our baby Tubs is now 9 1/2 month old. I can't believe how fast this time is going. A couple of weeks ago he started shaking his head back and forth really hard and I noticed his ear was all gunked up, but not the normal brown gunk. I took him to the vet and he had a yeast infection in his left ear and under his nose rope. The vet cleaned his nose rope with some magic stuff! It cleared up right away and believe it of not I have not needed to clean his nose rope since. I keep checking it every day and it is pearly white and dry under there. She placed some "goop" in his left ear and told me to clean his nose rope and his right ear with the "magic" stuff she used. All was going well until the day before we had to go back to have his left ear checked. He started shaking his head again. Well, this time his left ear looked good and he had an infection in his right ear! This time she "gooped" his right ear and we are cleaning his left ear with the "magic" stuff! He is 61 lbs now and looking good! The vet joked that she was going to name a wing after him since we are there so much. I also noticed on our bill it was indicated that we were frequent visitors. I guess that means we go there a lot....LOL! We have a 2 week wait until we have to get his ears checked again and he has been shaking his head in the mornings, so I am hoping we are not having this infection jump back and forth. He has also been out of the kennel for about 3 months now. We got a baby gate to keep him in the dining room/kitchen area while we are gone just so he doesn't find something he should have while we are gone. Other than that, he had the run of the house. He has been sleeping in our room and his snoring hasn't been too bad! :whew: One night I had to kick him out, but that was it. He can't jump up on the bed, but he will jump up and put his front paws up on the bed. He has started doing this at 4:30 in the morning. I hope he gets out of that habit soon, because mommy don't likey! :hahaha: AnyWHO.....I have added some new videos on youtube if you would like to check them out. I will also post them in the video section on here to make it easier for you all to locate. I hope everyone else is doing well and I will try not to be such a stranger! :)

1badchicken

Feb 23, 2011
Austin Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Cali
Dido for me to, its nice to come back on the forum
I just came back from Kentucky, Ohio and Indianna ( I think I spelled that right)

Been on the road way too much

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Hey! It is really good to see you and Tubs. Out of curiosity, what was the magic stuff? lol

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad your enjoying the summer. nice to see you "check in".

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Dido for me to, its nice to come back on the forum
I just came back from Kentucky, Ohio and Indianna ( I think I spelled that right)

Been on the road way too much

Glad to hear you have been having a productive summer as well. We are staying close to home for the summer because we are going on another Disney Cruise this January, but that isn't slowing us down. My daughter and I have been taking jewelry making classes and we just went to see New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys this past Friday night. Tomorrow we are taking the kids to New York to the Museum of Natural History and possibly stopping by Carlo's Bakery on the way there. We like to get away from here in the summer because all of the shoobees invade and we need to get away! :)

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Hey! It is really good to see you and Tubs. Out of curiosity, what was the magic stuff? lol

I didn't post what the magic stuff was last night because I didn't feel like getting up to get the bottle....LOL......

It is MalAcetic Otic Ultra Flush for Dogs, cats and horses. It says it is a multicleanse flush for topical, antifungal and antibacterial use for dogs, cats and horses. I will have to see if he will let me take a picture of his nose rope so you can see how great it looks, but he doesn't like having his nose rope cleaned, so when I go towards his nose he tries to get away! :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.