HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Okay I know about the KONG but are all KONGS safe ?

But what else is good and SAFE for them to play/chew up !!!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
The largest size Nylabone is the safest toy made. Kongs are tough but they have to be watched because a real determined chewer can get pieces off. The Jolly teaser ball is good, too but like the kong has to be checked regularly to make sure the dogs aren't chewing it. Dr. foster sell a hard plastic ball that can't be chewed or punctured. That's all I know of that I would trust my boys with!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I agree about the nylabones! There are all sizes..I got 3 different sizes and Jake STILL shy away from the huge one! And it is big and tough!! He has slowly worked his way up the size ladder...

Spinal Remains

May 31, 2011
Nassau County, N.Y.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
I would have to say the neighbor's cat.
They're safe and most bullies will gladly chew em all up.

Im kidding, guys! I couldn't resist.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Thanks everyone! I just need more toys so my shoes can be safe... :lol:

Spinal Remains

May 31, 2011
Nassau County, N.Y.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
In all honesty, as nice and abundant as all the toys out there are, I have found that the free toys are the best. Old shirts for tugging with me, hard plastic itiems, boxes, empty water bottles, etc.............. My bully loves them for some reason. Like a human child who ignores the 60 dollar toy and plays with the box. He just destroys the money toys too quickly. He will sit, work at it, and its dead! I have sewn his rat and frog over ten times total. My house is like a stuffed animal Triage unit. Toys that are built like Kong are good, but good old fashioned ropes with a knot in them seem great too. You bond with them while you tug of war with them too.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Watch the ropes, Buddy boy loves them but when they get a little worn throw them out, they can choke on them, there is a set of hard rubber rings that he loves to play tug-a-war with, Nylabones are great and Kong toys are good too.

eklikewhoa

Jul 22, 2011
Houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Heo
My bully would go for a water bottle or those Oak Farms gallon ice cream tubs over any toy I've ever bought him. He has a serious knack for cans too along with his pit bull buddy.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Love the nylabones but I give the double action ones I think they are called. Cannot be swallowed and there are 2 ends with like a grip of some sort in between the ends. These last a couple years for the boys. Here is a link to a posting a while back that has a lot of diff ideas in it for you. Also the deer antlers are a huge hit around here although I have completely forgotten to get the boys theirs. Maybe santa will this year. :)
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/general-bulldog-talk/7009-toy-recommendation.html

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.