Big Boys and Girls

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
So who else has a 90+ lb bulldog (or thereabouts)? (Our boy is incidentally quite fit and very strong, and we walk all over the place, quite often for more than an hour albeit mostly at a quite leisurely pace)

Attachments

• Nov 10 Pufffed Woodburn Reserve.jpg
    Nov 10 Pufffed Woodburn Reserve.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 215

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
He's Awesome! I love big solid Bullys! Maybe it's because I'm big and soli... er... mostly sol.... um... kinda solid! :whistle:

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Last edited:
OP
H

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
Well ... I am a little tubby, but it is mainly muscle. I am really too big to fit on one armchair.

Attachments

• SDC10861.jpg
    SDC10861.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 142
OP
H

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
He is much bigger than any bully we have ever met, although I have heard of a few bigger ones. It's funny, by far the most common comment we get is "He's Big" - even from dog owners of much bigger dogs - eg he looks very small when with a Newfoundland

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
He is a big boy!! He looks really good for weighing 90 lbs..sure is handsome! :heart:

I can't imagine 90 lbs of Bullie, LOL. Delilah is 40 and when she comes at me full speed, it's like getting hit by a tank!

The biggest bullie I've seen was 70 lbs. And he was FAT, not muscular like yours!

OP
H

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
He is really strong, almost impossible to hold if he is in a very excitable mood. Once he did send me flying. We walk off lead and a cyclist caught us by surprise at dusk, rocketing down a driveway and onto the road where we were walking. Although our boy is usually pretty good with bikes he set off after him and to stop him in my hurry instead of a loud command I went down and rugby tackled him as he rushed past - and he sent me (about 175 lbs) flying several feet!

So nobody else got a big boy or girl like us?

Attachments

• 7 October 2010 Seton Nossiter5.jpg
    7 October 2010 Seton Nossiter5.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 135
OP
H

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
Here he is compared to a lab - not big at all, just really stocky.

Attachments

• Saturday7 - other dog at the beach.jpg
    Saturday7 - other dog at the beach.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 171

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My Wilson is 67 lbs (3 years old). He has been the same weight since he was 10 months old. He is tall for a bulldog. He gets walked everyday but he is slow...until he sees a cat! Then I get yanked off my feet and have to run with him. Thank goodness he doesn't fit under cars.

There is another misconception with big bulldogs. People tell me he looks mean and they ask me what kind of dog he is. I guess cause he's big and tall they don't see the EB that he is or don't know what one looks like and many people aren't aware of their gentle natures. Talk about judging a book by its cover.

716B1CFA-orig.jpg

Last edited:
OP
H

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
Wilson is an absolute sweetie.

Our boy is good with cats, mainly because he mostly walks in a neighbourhood where cats rule and don't run away if he approaches them. In fact sometimes they come after him to play. He does chase the neighbour's cats who come into our garden though, but of course that's just for fun and he would never do anything to them. Actually our boy is not quite a typical bulldog, and if he thinks he is protecting the family can be really fierce. A few people are scared of him, but because we walk off lead (which except at the beach suburb is unusual), I think they mainly figure he is not a threat. If someone looks worried I do carry a lead and put it on.

That's by the by though. Any really big boys or girls on this forum?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have a 100 pound bully, but his mom was English American mix. his father full English. 030.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.