Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Boys and Girls

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Big Boys and Girls

Peppers mom was living with her owner and his two roommates last year ans she ballooned up to 104 pounds. They did not communicate with each other about feeding her and it really got out of hand. She had to go on a diet . Doing great now and down to around 53. Its even more surprising that she turned 12 just a few weeks ago.

Wrinkle Wiper
    Likes (Received)

Wow - from 104 lbs to 53 lbs! I would honestly not have the heart to impose such a strict diet, especially on an old girl; hopefully she can get a few treats! Our boy has consistently been about 88 lbs to 90lbs since he was grown up, but seems to have gotten a bit heavier recently. When he was younger we used to walk a great deal (out for about five hours all up each weekend day, although some of that was just travelling time), so with a higher protein diet he got muscular, but he did develop a limp and, although he just loves his walks I had to cut back. But he still will often walk for an hour or so at a stretch without any problems.

Wrinkle Wiper
    Likes (Received)

Here is our boy after about a week of diet - look any different? We will find out when we weigh him tonight.

... Down 1kg (2.5lbs) this week
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -sdc11701-jpg  
    Last edited by hoegaandit; 08-07-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

He looks great!!

Maggie is really dinky at just 34lbs... Daddy on the other hand is close to about 70-75lb .. haven't weighed him in a while. However, Daddy was a rescue from an Amish puppy mill and was adopted to us as an english bulldog. I am starting to think he may be more old english bulldog because of his incredibly long legs and long bodies. so I don't know if his weight can really be taken into consideration.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson "Sammy"
    Likes (Received)

LOL I love your pups smile! Samson is about 40 lbs at 4 months 3 weeks. I don't think he's going to get to 90 lbs maybe 60-ish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads