Leaving for the weekend and leaving Delilah with someone.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I feel completely ridiculous.

I'm going up to go boating about 4hours away this weekend..leaving tomorrow and will be gone until Sunday evening. it's going to be me, my boyfriend Tim, my mom, her boyfriend (who lives with us), and my brother and sister. Everyone's camping except for me and Tim..we're staying at my grandma's house after the boating festivities and such, LOL. I don't like sleeping in tents. :p

It's too hot to take Delilah with. IA heat has been TERRIBLE this summer. She can't handle more than like 10 minutes outside. She loves going on the boat and I feel bad because it's been way too hot for her to go at all this summer.

I would take her with and let her stay at my Grandma and Grandpa's house, but my Grandpa won't let "anything in the house that can lick it's butt." I've tried telling him numerous times that Delilah CAN'T reach her butt (:lol:), but there's no way of convincing a stubborn man. Last time I brought her there was when she was 16 weeks old and that's because the only way I could come was if she came, and my Grandma wanted me to come. She's fine with Delilah; loves her..but my Grandpa hates dogs in the house. He was FURIOUS that we brought her and pretty much stayed away from the house and didn't talk to us the whole time we were there. Uh. He has like 20 Greyhounds and Foxhounds that all live outside..he races and does coon hunting. He says "If Delilah comes she has to stay outside in a kennel." Don't think so.

So, can't take Delilah with.

My boyfriend's brother and his wife offered to take Delilah for the weekend. So, I'm letting her stay there. I'm just..nervous to leave her. Is this ridiculous of me? Every time I've left her, it was just staying at home with my Mom because I went somewhere with a friend for a few days or with my Dad on a vacation. The only other time I've left her somewhere beside home was when she was hospitalized over a weekend and I was a nervous wreck.

I wrote up a detailed care sheet..lol. She's on medicine and anti fungal wipes right now. I'm packing her bed, packed her food, lots of treats, several toys, her leash..every thing she'll need. I'm sure she'll be fine. I just don't like leaving her. I miss her..haha.

She's going over there tonight. We're leaving at two tomorrow, and Andy and Amanda will still be at work so I won't be able to drop her off tomorrow..so it has to be tonight.

I feel ridiculous for worrying. I'm sure it'll be fine..

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awww! I would and do worry too Lauren! I'm sure she will be ok..call and check on her..and in two days..even if they didn't clean her face right..she will be ok! By the way...I think your grandpa needs to be put in a kennel...and get his BUTT licked! Just make sure they understand about the heat and bullies..that's the biggest thing! :hug:

mandyjo

Jun 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lauren.....everytime I leave my babies I cry for two days before and for a couple of hours after. I find absolutely nothing wrong with worrying (or crying for that matter :tongue:). Can they send you picture messages to keep you updated?

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=2629]mandyjo[/MENTION] okay, good, I'm not ridiculous! and she could but I don't know if she will..she doesn't use her phone very much.

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] oh, I put on the note..DO NOT BE OUT FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES!!! haha.

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
I think we all go threw this,its like leaving your baby.Im already having anxiety about a trip we are going on next year.LOL

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I'm sure Delilah will be fine and have a good time. When my boys go visiting they display their "party manners" at first. It takes a day or two before they take over the place. Have fun boating!

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Well I'm mostly worried because Delilah gets depressed when I'm not around..

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am glad you are doing something fun and neing young! Are you feeling better?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Delilah's always welcome at my place, free of charge. lol.

I was a wreck too when I had to leave Stiggy for two weeks :*(. My sister took care of him. Texted her every night for an update. When my bf and I came back his face was brown because she didn't know how to wash his face properly. His wrinkles were clean though. Oh, and she also bathed him every other day. She thought bullies are like humans and needed to be bathed regularly. :laugh:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]...she tried! lol. Feel good that you can leave him with her and she will make sure he is CLEAN! lol

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] Oh, geez! lol. I showed Amanda how to do her face tonight. I told her if you could at least do it once a day that's fine..I don't necessarily expect her to do it 2x a day.

Delilah was having fun over there tonight while I was still there. But when I left she tried to burst out the door :(

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] just depends on the day as far as how I feel goes. been having some more black stools and feeling icky. did a blood test today to see if I have the genetic make up of Crohn's Disease as I have most of the symptoms, just can't prove it internally. The doctor STILL hasn't got my referral for the nuclear test done. I have been bugging them every day about it. This is ridiculous..I'm honestly getting really mad about it. My symptoms classify as urgent and severe..and this is how they're going about it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.