I have a few questions?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] You have Jake on you avitar. It is quite easy I think. Am I gonna hafta tutor you??? :p
Ummmmmmm..:busted: Bruce did that great avatar for me! :blush: SOME people feel sorry for me....while others sneer!! :rofl: I DID take the picture tho..Bruce won't come and be our photographer!! DANG

ziviabell

May 22, 2011
Orange County, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hershie
I have heard that their scent glands are on their paws and they leave their scent after they do their business...that's what other dogs are smelling for and then they leave their scent. How old is Hank? I think all puppies squat until they are older.

OP
robramirez007

robramirez007

Apr 28, 2011
I have heard that their scent glands are on their paws and they leave their scent after they do their business...that's what other dogs are smelling for and then they leave their scent. How old is Hank? I think all puppies squat until they are older.

Hank is 7 months old and neutered.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The kicking... he is spreading his scent to mark his territory. as for squatting (like a female) to pee... means nothing just how they feel at the time,,, to lift or not to lift.

L

Lucy-licious

:*( sorry but...erm...but oh....erm...but oh dear
please forgive me:begging:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The kicking... he is spreading his scent to mark his territory. as for squatting (like a female) to pee... means nothing just how they feel at the time,,, to lift or not to lift.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Rule #1 for taking a bully out to poo: Do NOT stand behind them!!! ;)

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Well its a bulldog thing apparently because I believe most of them do it. As for the squatting, I had a Lab that always did that and I was told unless they see other dogs do it, they don't know too but my bully learned to do it quick. He even tries to hike his leg to poo and he will only do it on trees not in the grass like a normal dog. go figure.

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
As others have written kicking back after urinating or defecating is to spread the dog's scent. (If you prefer to think in human terms you can pretend it is to cover up the mess!) Neutered dogs sometimes always squat. Our boy (who is unneutered) very occasionally will squat also.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh no, you've all got me laughing hard!!!:lmao:This is too much to bear!!! :ROFL: OK, I've got a hold of myself now.

Wilson both squats and lifts his leg (just barely off the ground) to which I'm grateful cause my Frenchton Louie lifts his leg too high and overshoots his mark, usually hitting BabyGirl in the process. Yuck! Wilson also kicks his back feet when he poos but thankfully just out of reach of his poop. I think he's trying to look macho by doing it extra hard.

I've always wondered how my dogs know where not to step back. It's not like they have rear view mirrors to see, but miraculously they have never stepped on or kicked back their own poop. Believe me I've watched (biting my lower lip and squinting my eyes) with baited breath thinking "this is it...he's gonna step back on it" but no!
I would just carry a couple of wipes in a plastic bag so you can clean his paws right away. I have to do this with BabyGirl cause she always has a "clinger" on her rump but my boys always do an acceptably clean "drop." Hank is a doll baby anyway so what's a little poopie.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Chaos is a squatter himself at almost 8 months old. He is also a "barnyard shuffler", I think its funny how he kicks and then takes off running like somebody shot him...... and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] you tell us to post lots of pics, yet you're right....we are very deprived of handsome man Jake's pics!!! So get to postin!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hahaha:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Chaos is a squatter himself at almost 8 months old. He is also a "barnyard shuffler", I think its funny how he kicks and then takes off running like somebody shot him...... and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] you tell us to post lots of pics, yet you're right....we are very deprived of handsome man Jake's pics!!! So get to postin!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hahaha:
But..you see..:hmm:.....so you see...yup...I have ISSUES!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.