Playing with Buster...

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
As some of you guys know, Buster is my new about 10 week old puppy. I know that they're typically couch potatoes, not very athletic little guys, so I was wondering how you guys play with your dogs?

I feel bad because I don't want Buster to be bored during the time we're home, but at the same time I don't really know how I can really play with him. What are some good ideas of toys or ways to play with him? and if he's doing his own thing and not bugging me for attention, should I not worry about him being bored? Thanks for the advice!

Krisandtob

Jan 26, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Phatty
It will be good for Buster to play - it will give him exercise and it will be fun!!! (For both of you!)

Phatty's all-time favorite toy is a bottle buddy. You can get them at Carolina Pet Pantry. It's a cow (or sheep or pig, etc) with a plastic bottle inside (good noise maker). I'll throw that thing (we call it a piggie regardless of what animal I buy) and he'll chase it everytime. I do not leave him unattended with it though because he's a chewer and will tear it up ..

sitartzm

May 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Brewer
My Brewer is 11 weeks old today and I wish I had your problem. He is so extremely hyper! Thats all he wants to do is play. Which I don't mind, but nothing gets done anymore around the house.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
it's a myth...they fooled us all by saying bullies were couch potatos. our are crazy at 3 years old. they want to play and play and play....sometimes we drop them at daycare just to tire them out

OP
A

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
all great ideas, i'll try them out! I just wanna make sure he's got the happiest living environment I can provide him so I don't want him to feel bored or attention starved

Spinal Remains

May 31, 2011
Nassau County, N.Y.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
Tuggy tuggy and more tuggy!

Get some old socks, tee shirts, ropes and whatever. Tie a knot in them, wrap one end around your hand and let the bully grab the other and PULLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They love to play tuggy. It helps their teeth agony and it gives them a sense of work and accomplishment, as well as bonding with you.

Always be sure they do not take the game into other areas and try to chew and pull non toy items.

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy loves to play Grab and Run.......she sneeks up and pinches the remote/phone/bottle and runs off with it :rofl:
She also love Chase...around the kitchen whilst you try to get the remote back :lmao:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.