Floridians - do you take your bullies to the beach?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
We usually take our bichon to the beach on Fridays/Saturdays. Now that we have a bullie, I'm wondering if we can take her with us.

This Saturday is going to be rainy, so we're probably going to go tomorrow which is going to be sunny. The forecast shows a low of 77, and a high of 95. Usually that means 85 at the beach by 5PM. Still a bit hot for a bullie but I'm thinking if I bring the misting fan (squirt bottle with a battery operated fan) and put her under the shade of the umbrella, she'll be okay? I'm not sure if she'd go on the surf to cool down. Our bichon stays away from the surf - he's scared of it. We usually stay until around 8PM.

What do you guys think?

melanie

Aug 6, 2010
N.Florida (Perry)
Bulldog(s) Names
ZEEK & STANLEY
I live in Florida on the West Coast, and we love the beach, I just adopted 2 bully boys they are 16 wks & we plan on taking them to the beach real soon!!! :D

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
We take Bella all the time. I also take plenty of water and a pop-up shade room. She loves to chase the waves.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We live in Bradenton Fl. about 10 min. from the beach, we took Vegas once to the dog beach and he drank the water and had the runs for the rest of the day. If he would not drink the salt-water we would take him more often, but salt-water is dangerous. That was our first and last time we went.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.