Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your Bully have OCD issues??

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

Default Does your Bully have OCD issues??

Boy mine does !!
    Now I heard that OCD type behavior is quite common in Bully's ,more so than any other breed.
    For instance with Pepper,,,,,
    If I bring something new home,for instance a new trash can for the kitchen she will stand there and bark a it.
    If I take an object like off a table for instance and place it back BUT not in its original spot(even a few inches) and if she strolls by and notices she Barks at it.

Thats just a few examples. The friend who gave her to me thought because he has OCD she picked up on it but I have talked with a few other Bully owners and many say their Bully does the same.
    It was suggested to me by a well respected BD breeder and expert that for some new items or things that she has "Issues" with to place my neck on it and let her see me do it. He says that lets the Bullyknow that the object is no threat . I thought he was pulling my leg but he showed me first hand and by gum it worked !
    He said that Bully's are considered by dog experts to be the smartest breed with the intelligence of a 5 year old child in most cases. They pick up on a lot . That explains why they seem so stubborn and only do something that you want them to if they chose to do it. Some people mistake their stubbornness for lack of intelligence when the opposite is the truth .
    So, does your Bully also exhibit OCD traits?
    Last edited by Victor Y; 07-25-2011 at 07:37 PM.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does your Bully have OCD issues??

Vegas is very simialr to Pepper, If something is new or out of place he barks! Holidays about put him over the edge when I decorate. One of our biggest issues was training my husband Joe to NOT put his lunch cooler on the kitchen counter, I don't even have to look when he gets home and Vegas will start barking, I simply say "go put your cooler away" Lol

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Cutty isnt so bad with new items or things being out of place, thankfully cuz with my 2 year old moving everything we would be in trouble. BUT if something odd or new that happens to scare him is there he will growl or bark until I show him it is ok. Cutty is VERY ocd with water from the hose, the hose itself, playing fetch is the worst for him he cannot stop himself ever. I agree bulies are VERY ocd, I have never had a dog that was like Cutty in this way.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Both my bullies are afraid of trash bags. As soon as I pull a full bag out of the trash can they both run and hide. LOL! Come to think of it...my husband must be that way too cause he never takes out the trash!!!
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Yes..like Cali-jenn said.,Jake is ridiculous with his ball! We limit him to about 30 minutes of driving us nuts per day! He stands and stares at the mantle forever wanting that darn ball! When he gets it..he goes wild. He jumps on one sofa..to the ottoman in between and onto the second sofa! No matter who or what is already sitting there..he's coming! As you can tell..we are a highly disciplined family!

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

OMG!! Yes, Matilda does!!! She noticed a large green tub in my hallway last night that wasn't there before and just started barking at it and wouldn't stop until we moved it!!

Who wouldn't love that face???

Bulldog(s) Names
    Phatty
    Likes (Received)

Phatty has got to be the most OCD bully out there. I'd put money on it. NOTHING can be out of place or he goes nuts! This includes things outside too!! He literally refused to go outside through the back door because of a new pool float. We actually had to talk nice to and "rub" the pool float so he'd eventually get over it!!! Where is the dignity in showing "love" to a pool float so ur dog will adjust?!?!? It works though!

And like KMARINO said - lunchboxes must be put away!!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

guinness has horrible OCD issues....if there is a cup, clicker, or anything out of it's ordinary place he just barks at it and could be barking for hours (i left a cup there one time to see how long he would be bark for)...we tried bringing his crate upstairs to our room where the AC is when the heat was over 100 @ night and he wouldn't stop barking until his crate was downstairs in the usual place, even in the sweltering heat

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    Both my bullies are afraid of trash bags. As soon as I pull a full bag out of the trash can they both run and hide. LOL! Come to think of it...my husband must be that way too cause he never takes out the trash!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    Vegas is very simialr to Pepper, If something is new or out of place he barks! Holidays about put him over the edge when I decorate. One of our biggest issues was training my husband Joe to NOT put his lunch cooler on the kitchen counter, I don't even have to look when he gets home and Vegas will start barking, I simply say "go put your cooler away" Lol
    You too huh?
    Last Holidays ,well my daughter and all they love to go overboard decorating for Xmas. Electric santa's. elves you name it. It was pure unmitigated HELL the day they broke out all the stuff and started decorating. Pepper went bat$*!@ crazy Barking at everything. It got so out of hand I had to keep her in my bedroom and she just stood on the otherside of the door huffing and snorting.
    Right now she was just up on my sofa, I had just vacuumed all the Bully hair off it not 15 minutes ago and put a Pendleton blanket across it so at least it will be easier to keep clean. Well Her Majesty just decided the blanket DOES NOT BELONG and grabbed a corner of it an took off

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisandtob View Post
    Phatty has got to be the most OCD bully out there. I'd put money on it. NOTHING can be out of place or he goes nuts! This includes things outside too!! He literally refused to go outside through the back door because of a new pool float. We actually had to talk nice to and "rub" the pool float so he'd eventually get over it!!! Where is the dignity in showing "love" to a pool float so ur dog will adjust?!?!? It works though!

And like KMARINO said - lunchboxes must be put away!!
    Well so far I agree You have the most OCD bully .
    I feel ya on the rub thing. You really want to test your dignity? Lay your neck on the things your bully has issues with . I once bought Pepper a new inclined food bowl. She had such issue with it that until I laid down on the dern floor and laid my neck across the bowl so she could see it was no problem she would not quit barking at it.I swear at times I fully believe she does this stuff just to see what she can get me to do. I bring a new cane home,bark bark bark. Water bowl not centered on the floor mat,bark bark bark. But the bear we saw outside our house near the hottub. Not a PEEP
    These dogs are nutz. If it was any other breed it would be flat out annoying as heck, at least with Bully's they look ridiculous.
    Earlier this afternoon I turned on the Tv and as it comes on a little message box shows up and floats around that says "Please Stand By" .. Pepper happened to glance at the screen at just that moment ,saw it and had a conniption fit
    Last edited by Victor Y; 07-26-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

This is all just so funny!!!

I guess I'm pretty lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it that Maggie and Daddy don't seem to have too many OCD issues!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads