Does your Bully have OCD issues??

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Boy mine does !!
Now I heard that OCD type behavior is quite common in Bully's ,more so than any other breed.
For instance with Pepper,,,,,
If I bring something new home,for instance a new trash can for the kitchen she will stand there and bark a it.
If I take an object like off a table for instance and place it back BUT not in its original spot(even a few inches) and if she strolls by and notices she Barks at it.

Thats just a few examples. The friend who gave her to me thought because he has OCD she picked up on it but I have talked with a few other Bully owners and many say their Bully does the same.
It was suggested to me by a well respected BD breeder and expert that for some new items or things that she has "Issues" with to place my neck on it and let her see me do it. He says that lets the Bullyknow that the object is no threat . I thought he was pulling my leg but he showed me first hand and by gum it worked !
He said that Bully's are considered by dog experts to be the smartest breed with the intelligence of a 5 year old child in most cases. They pick up on a lot . That explains why they seem so stubborn and only do something that you want them to if they chose to do it. Some people mistake their stubbornness for lack of intelligence when the opposite is the truth .
So, does your Bully also exhibit OCD traits?

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is very simialr to Pepper, If something is new or out of place he barks! Holidays about put him over the edge when I decorate. One of our biggest issues was training my husband Joe to NOT put his lunch cooler on the kitchen counter, I don't even have to look when he gets home and Vegas will start barking, I simply say "go put your cooler away" Lol

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Cutty isnt so bad with new items or things being out of place, thankfully cuz with my 2 year old moving everything we would be in trouble. BUT if something odd or new that happens to scare him is there he will growl or bark until I show him it is ok. Cutty is VERY ocd with water from the hose, the hose itself, playing fetch is the worst for him he cannot stop himself ever. I agree bulies are VERY ocd, I have never had a dog that was like Cutty in this way.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Both my bullies are afraid of trash bags. As soon as I pull a full bag out of the trash can they both run and hide. LOL! Come to think of it...my husband must be that way too cause he never takes out the trash!!!:ashamed:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..like Cali-jenn said.,Jake is ridiculous with his ball! We limit him to about 30 minutes of driving us nuts per day! He stands and stares at the mantle forever wanting that darn ball! When he gets it..he goes wild. He jumps on one sofa..to the ottoman in between and onto the second sofa! No matter who or what is already sitting there..he's coming! As you can tell..we are a highly disciplined family! :eek:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
OMG!! Yes, Matilda does!!! She noticed a large green tub in my hallway last night that wasn't there before and just started barking at it and wouldn't stop until we moved it!! :ROFL:

Krisandtob

Jan 26, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Phatty
Phatty has got to be the most OCD bully out there. I'd put money on it. NOTHING can be out of place or he goes nuts! This includes things outside too!! He literally refused to go outside through the back door because of a new pool float. We actually had to talk nice to and "rub" the pool float so he'd eventually get over it!!! Where is the dignity in showing "love" to a pool float so ur dog will adjust?!?!? It works though!

And like KMARINO said - lunchboxes must be put away!!

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
guinness has horrible OCD issues....if there is a cup, clicker, or anything out of it's ordinary place he just barks at it and could be barking for hours (i left a cup there one time to see how long he would be bark for)...we tried bringing his crate upstairs to our room where the AC is when the heat was over 100 @ night and he wouldn't stop barking until his crate was downstairs in the usual place, even in the sweltering heat

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Both my bullies are afraid of trash bags. As soon as I pull a full bag out of the trash can they both run and hide. LOL! Come to think of it...my husband must be that way too cause he never takes out the trash!!!:ashamed:

:lmao:

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas is very simialr to Pepper, If something is new or out of place he barks! Holidays about put him over the edge when I decorate. One of our biggest issues was training my husband Joe to NOT put his lunch cooler on the kitchen counter, I don't even have to look when he gets home and Vegas will start barking, I simply say "go put your cooler away" Lol
You too huh?
Last Holidays ,well my daughter and all they love to go overboard decorating for Xmas. Electric santa's. elves you name it. It was pure unmitigated HELL the day they broke out all the stuff and started decorating. Pepper went bat$*!@ crazy Barking at everything. It got so out of hand I had to keep her in my bedroom and she just stood on the otherside of the door huffing and snorting.
Right now she was just up on my sofa, I had just vacuumed all the Bully hair off it not 15 minutes ago and put a Pendleton blanket across it so at least it will be easier to keep clean. Well Her Majesty just decided the blanket DOES NOT BELONG and grabbed a corner of it an took off

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Phatty has got to be the most OCD bully out there. I'd put money on it. NOTHING can be out of place or he goes nuts! This includes things outside too!! He literally refused to go outside through the back door because of a new pool float. We actually had to talk nice to and "rub" the pool float so he'd eventually get over it!!! Where is the dignity in showing "love" to a pool float so ur dog will adjust?!?!? It works though!

And like KMARINO said - lunchboxes must be put away!!
Well so far I agree You have the most OCD bully .
I feel ya on the rub thing. You really want to test your dignity? Lay your neck on the things your bully has issues with . I once bought Pepper a new inclined food bowl. She had such issue with it that until I laid down on the dern floor and laid my neck across the bowl so she could see it was no problem she would not quit barking at it.I swear at times I fully believe she does this stuff just to see what she can get me to do. I bring a new cane home,bark bark bark. Water bowl not centered on the floor mat,bark bark bark. But the bear we saw outside our house near the hottub. Not a PEEP
These dogs are nutz. If it was any other breed it would be flat out annoying as heck, at least with Bully's they look ridiculous.
Earlier this afternoon I turned on the Tv and as it comes on a little message box shows up and floats around that says "Please Stand By" .. Pepper happened to glance at the screen at just that moment ,saw it and had a conniption fit

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This is all just so funny!!! :lmao:

I guess I'm pretty lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it that Maggie and Daddy don't seem to have too many OCD issues!!!

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
is it ocd or just plain crazy? jameson at 8pm sharp every night no matter how dead asleep he is hops up and starts to do the feed me pace and whine(same thing in the morning). then after dinner and potty he comes back in and stands in the hall staring at the drawer in the kitchen that holds his laser pointer. He then paces looks at you then back to the drawer until you give in and play 10 minutes of laser pointer with him. titan my other bully freaks when things are lifted above his head....he literally cowers. jameson runs when i open the door to get a garbage bag. they both run when the door to the vacuum closet opens. and forget if a box, broom or mop is sitting in the hall....they won't go down the hall and will sit in the living room even if you go to bed...until you come and move it. they won't go near the wagon we have for them...titan won't walk if either of the leashes gets caught on his tail...he will sit and won't walk until you remove it from his tail. titan also does this pathetic thing with his paw in the winter and holds it in the air and lies down when he goes into the snow and gets ice or ice melt on his paws. titan also obsessively licks the air when he smells food cooking and if you cook and there is smoke he will make this squished up ugly face.

do i win???? i'm sure i have more

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=2659]nyerathrt[/MENTION]...You win. I can relate to half those things you said. Oh BTW, please I beg of you to try and get a picture of the "squished up ugly face" so I can die happy.:ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online