Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buster is finally here!! and it has been a crazy day!

Default Re: Buster is finally here!! and it has been a crazy day!

thanks a lot, this is some good stuff. We're basically looking into what the best option for him would be at the moment. Our impending move is slowing the process down a bit, but friday is getting closer! haha

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AMart79 View Post
    yea i'll be ready lol. But i'm actually pretty surprised he's doing great with his potty training. He still has his accidents when we forget to take him out or he's not being watched but he seems to have it down that when he's outside he needs to go. Now he does a great job at going anytime he's taken out and not playing. Hopefully that keeps going well.
    Lol..most of their "mistakes"...are really OUR mistakes!! Love..love these pics!!

haha i'm glad you like them! I do have a question to pose for everyone...how often do you give your little guys baths? Buster hasn't had one yet and I'm wondering when and how often I'm gonna to need to bathe him.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AMart79 View Post
    haha i'm glad you like them! I do have a question to pose for everyone...how often do you give your little guys baths? Buster hasn't had one yet and I'm wondering when and how often I'm gonna to need to bathe him.
    Bet everybody is different..I really like to give him one once a week..good time to do general maintenance too!!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I like to bathe once a week or so. I have gone two weeks at times. You can whenever he is dirty.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

aw how cute is he. i know im late but wanted to say hey and i give my bully a bath every week. My dog sleeps with me in bed as well but she is 4 years old. i tried with sleeping on the floor around my bed but she will keep me up all night with her nails on my hardwood floor pacing so i just put her in bed and she sleeps fine no accidents. I also recommend a fan. I couldnt live with sarah with out fans. I have one in the bedroom pointed right at her with the airconditioning on also. fan in living room to even with air on sometimes. a fan is my best friend besides her. lol. have fun with your bully they are so great.

does anyone have any recommendations for chew toys? Buster is getting a little curious and has started trying to chew on some things he shouldn't. First, id like to get him a new and good chew toy. I got him a teething bone but he doesn't seem to have to much interest in it most of the time. If anyone has a good one they recommend, please let me know. Oh and does anyone have an experience using those sprays that they sell that make things they shouldnt be chewing on taste bitter? I don't know if thats a good idea, it was just something I'd heard of.

I was also wondering if anyone has any recommendations for treats for him? I think now that he's startng to understand the concepts that we're teaching him, I think it may help to reinforce his good behavior them with.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Hi! Hope all is going well...for him now..I would get nylabone chews..great and they can't destroy! When he's older get him some deer antlers..these are my dogs all time favorites..there are some threads on these here..for treats..when Jake was Busters age..I was given some natural balance training treats..they come in limited ingredients..like salmon..bison..etc..they are small and shaped like tiny little bones. Worked great to teach him to sit..etc. A friend who has had bulldogs for years gave them to us in a "new puppy gift pack".. He loved them. All the kong chew toys are good too!

Thanks! I'll look into those. I think nylabone is the brand of the one he has now, I'll have to check. Maybe his teeth aren't hurting much if he doesn't use it often? I assumed maybe it was just a preference/taste type of thing.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You can get a kong and put a treat in it. That works for Gypsy and her favorite is one shaped like a little bone. We call it redbone. Bitter apple spray wprks like a charm here. If Gypsy even smells it, she wont touch it. Sounds like he is settling in with you!

he's definitely settling in. We just keep on moving with him Thanks for the tip on the spray and the tips on the treats. I think they'll both be solid pickups for him. His age shouldn't matter with the spray right?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads