Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you had a big budget ...

Default If you had a big budget ...

If you had a big budget allotted to the health, hygeine, nutrition, and wellbeing of your bulldog, what would you do differently?

I know there's the perfectly acceptable bare bones way of doing things. Would someone see benefits from a monthly groomer? A weekly groomer? Someone trained to meet bulldog special needs like cleaning under the "folds" on the face, the eyes, the teeth, etc ?

Would you splurge on certain foods, and if so, what brand and food would it be?

Would you have him get monthly health checkups versus do nothing until you notice symptoms? Would this help increase longevity and overall health of the bulldog?

Rattle off what you could do, if money wasnt an object, that would address English Bulldog needs and give him the most amazing life ever.

This is moreso for educational purposes - not for dreamy fun filled fantasies. I am in a position where I am able to have all the costs of a new puppy taken care of. I know there's a difference between minimal care and extravagant care, so I am curious what the best of the best would get?

Odd question but I appreciate input from all of you experts!

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: If you had a big budget ...

I feel like I'm doing everything possible for my dogs already. A lot of it is "hands on" care which I don't feel comfortable with anyone else doing it. My only fantasy would be to add on another room or enclosed patio for my dogs when I want to clean my house without hearing them bark at the vacuum cleaner.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Lucy-licious

maybe pay someone to invent a way to Bully proof the TV remote and the phone

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

As far as food, I would order a HUGE variety of meats for them. Elk, Emu, Kangaroo, Rabbit, Moose, etc. and someone to cut, weigh and package the food into daily portions (pain in the booty!). I would probably pay someone to bathe them once a week (I hate doing that) but the daily wrinkle care is a bit of a bonding time for us as is meal times so I wouldn't give that up for the world. I might have someone come and help me do some training too.

If I didn't have to pay for it, I would build a huge building for them to run around in and have someone come and clean it once a week. I hate that they can't go outside much in the summer so that would be cool to have a huge air conditioned space to play ball and run.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

yep I agree with gatorray cant think of much to add really. Most thing they need/want is the love so really money doesnt help there.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

If I had the money, then I would like Stig to go to daycare more often. Maybe 3 times a week. Maybe even have some sort of covering from the extreme heat and cold so at least he'll be able to go outside without any worries.

Or better yet, I'd like to get a house a few minutes from work so I can at least spend time with him during the day. Also get a playmate for him. So daycare + playmate + new house would be ideal.

I agree, the cleaning portion is bonding time so I wouldn't let go of those.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I would maybe have some kind of special puppy masseuse come in for them to get a better massage than I can give tho, that would be nice. Maybe spoil them like that a little more.

i would make my backyard larger so my lil guy can have more grass to team up... it brings him such joy

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

the only thing I can think of that I would do differently would be to hire someone for daily doggie dookie duty!!! Oh, you have no idea how I hate those four words!!!
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Thanks everyone. Great responses.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I do not have a big budget, but my bullies are my heart and they get whatever they need... not a thing I would give up for the world. But, if i had it, I would have a house with a large piece of land that they can play in and run around along with a climate controled room/building just for them so they can enjoy playing when the weather does not permit outside time.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Pick up ... I the rest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads