If you had a big budget ...

BulldogBurger

Jun 28, 2011
If you had a big budget allotted to the health, hygeine, nutrition, and wellbeing of your bulldog, what would you do differently?

I know there's the perfectly acceptable bare bones way of doing things. Would someone see benefits from a monthly groomer? A weekly groomer? Someone trained to meet bulldog special needs like cleaning under the "folds" on the face, the eyes, the teeth, etc ?

Would you splurge on certain foods, and if so, what brand and food would it be?

Would you have him get monthly health checkups versus do nothing until you notice symptoms? Would this help increase longevity and overall health of the bulldog?

Rattle off what you could do, if money wasnt an object, that would address English Bulldog needs and give him the most amazing life ever.

This is moreso for educational purposes - not for dreamy fun filled fantasies. I am in a position where I am able to have all the costs of a new puppy taken care of. I know there's a difference between minimal care and extravagant care, so I am curious what the best of the best would get?

Odd question but I appreciate input from all of you experts!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I feel like I'm doing everything possible for my dogs already. A lot of it is "hands on" care which I don't feel comfortable with anyone else doing it. My only fantasy would be to add on another room or enclosed patio for my dogs when I want to clean my house without hearing them bark at the vacuum cleaner.

L

Lucy-licious

maybe pay someone to invent a way to Bully proof the TV remote and the phone :rofl:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
As far as food, I would order a HUGE variety of meats for them. Elk, Emu, Kangaroo, Rabbit, Moose, etc. and someone to cut, weigh and package the food into daily portions (pain in the booty!). I would probably pay someone to bathe them once a week (I hate doing that) but the daily wrinkle care is a bit of a bonding time for us as is meal times so I wouldn't give that up for the world. I might have someone come and help me do some training too.

If I didn't have to pay for it, I would build a huge building for them to run around in and have someone come and clean it once a week. I hate that they can't go outside much in the summer so that would be cool to have a huge air conditioned space to play ball and run.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
yep I agree with gatorray cant think of much to add really. Most thing they need/want is the love so really money doesnt help there. :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
If I had the money, then I would like Stig to go to daycare more often. Maybe 3 times a week. Maybe even have some sort of covering from the extreme heat and cold so at least he'll be able to go outside without any worries.

Or better yet, I'd like to get a house a few minutes from work so I can at least spend time with him during the day. Also get a playmate for him. So daycare + playmate + new house would be ideal. :)

I agree, the cleaning portion is bonding time so I wouldn't let go of those.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I would maybe have some kind of special puppy masseuse come in for them to get a better massage than I can give tho, that would be nice. :) Maybe spoil them like that a little more.

buddy

Jun 29, 2011
i would make my backyard larger so my lil guy can have more grass to team up... it brings him such joy

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
the only thing I can think of that I would do differently would be to hire someone for daily doggie dookie duty!!! Oh, you have no idea how I hate those four words!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do not have a big budget, but my bullies are my heart and they get whatever they need... not a thing I would give up for the world. But, if i had it, I would have a house with a large piece of land that they can play in and run around along with a climate controled room/building just for them so they can enjoy playing when the weather does not permit outside time.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
actually i dont know what i would do differently for sarah. i guess she would get more vet visits and check ups than she does. i mean she goes when needed but i guess there are times maybe she doesnt go right away if its not serious. also allergy testing would be done already. we have a big yard and such with a no traffic road so thats good. she eats better than i do really. i guess a place for her to play in the summer out of the heat would be it. she is loved so thats all she needs.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Well I can't really answer this without going into that dream realm. But you got some good answers.

As for the dream.....If we had all that extra money we would have a climate controlled indoor "potty" room so HRH ever had to go outside to go potty.....and of course clean up would be an automatic flushing type of thing as soon as she exited the potty room.

Of course in the real world HRH Chicken Princess would probably be too scared of the new room to use it.

Last edited:

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
I would open an indoor A/C'd dog ranch and spa

• with vet
  • agility courses
  • water jumps
  • pools
  • custom bath areas
  • LOTS of grass to run and play
  • custom food store (including Raw food packaging)
Just kind of an ultimate dog environment for Arwen while I ran the place - then we come home to sleep and go back every morning! :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.