she loves her POO!

bubba88

May 21, 2011
i keep coming home to find my 3 month girl pup laying in her crap in the small amount of space in her crate. i've divided her crate just enough to where she is able to turn around and lay down. i take her out quite frequently but take her forever to go poo and she gets all the praising once she does her stuff. somehow she still has enough to go in her crate and then be comfortable with it. what should i do, i am tired of giving her a bath every day or every other day. my boy pup is in a separate crate and he is great, no problems if anything he's yelping cause he has to deal with her aroma. :barf:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
My Wilson is 7.5 months now and he's a two-time pooper, meaning from the time we brought him home and would take him out we had to make sure we didn't rush him after his first poop was done because without fail, he'd poop again and that poop would be quite bigger than his first poop. He's still a two-time pooper. Our other pup of a different breed is a two-time pottier so we make sure he also has enough time to go twice. It's just something we picked up on from the beginning with both boys. Maybe she's a two-time pooper and she's not getting enough time to do her deed? Just a thought. :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I think you need to get your schedule right with her. And be patient. She must be getting sores or something going on there. At least make the crate big enough for her to get out of the poo. A puppy cannot control the small bowel or bladder yet. A rule of thumb, one hour for every month old. Please please take care of this. I am worried for your puppies.

OP
B

bubba88

May 21, 2011
Bubba is doing great with potty training and crate training, he can go for a few hours holding himself. I'm going to see if she is a two time pooper. She has just enough room to turn and lay down right now. I'll try to take her out every hour or so during the day, but the problem with that is, as soon as i walk up to the crate and open the door she gets so excited and starts pee'ing right there. I'll have to scoop her up and take her outside and she'll finish up.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would give her a little more room so she does not have to lay in her poo, with time she will be able to hold it longer and will get with the program. be patient and give a little longer out side to do her business in case she is a two timer.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Violet has only :pooped twice first time was her first night in the kennel (her breeder kept the pups out) but she covered it nicely with a blanket the second time was because I over slept. violets 16 weeks and she still occasionally pees in her kennel. She use to :pee in it every night. Goodluck

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Bully's tend to do that when crated.If they have to go very often they will do so on their bedding.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Penny hasn't had any accidents (poop) in her crate. She goes first thing when we get up. I feed her right away & she goes again in about 15-20 mins after eating.

If you are feeding her in the morning before crating her, you might give her a second chance to go out after eating. I've noticed the second one after eating is not always happening since we changed her food. Before switching to Fromm it was almost immediately after eating. Just a thought, but She might be a little sensitive to her food, too.

OP
B

bubba88

May 21, 2011
okay thanks for all the info, I guess it'll just be patience with her. i need to study her because Bubba was so much easier than her. i gave her some extra room in the crate, she now has plenty of room to turn around and stretch out and lay down.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.