Shaving mane

eklikewhoa

Jul 22, 2011
Houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Heo
So my Heo has a thick mane or longer hairs around the neck rolls which looks kinda funny at times and wanted to know if shaving him would make his coat grow back thin and nice looking like every other EBD I' e seen.

TIA for any suggestions/insight/etc.

sleeping.jpg
sad face.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
To me that looks more like skin roll than extra long hair. Most EB's have extra skin it really sticks out around collars.
Less so with harnesses. Some dogs have more skin than others.

I would think fur would grow back just like it was if you shaved it.

L

Lucy-licious

I dont think its thicker/longer hair its a role of skin around the base of the neck Lucy has one too and so do most of thye Bullys I know xx

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
First let me say that Heo is a very good looking Bully. I don't really see the problem in any of the pictures. I think the collar just exaggerates the neck roll. To me he looks perfect already. If it bothers you that much I would think you might go to a dog groomer and have them trim it a bit.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I am a dog groomer and I think his hair will grow back thicker and thicker everytime you trim it.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I think he looks perfect. Matilda has that same neck roll. Try a thinner collar or a harness.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I don't see any long hairs at all, all I see is the fat roll that makes them even more gorgeous!!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I didn't see any either, I just think it's one of his neck rolls! He's gorgeous, don't mess with perfection LOL!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm with everyone else, I think its just a neck roll and looks fine, He is a gorgeous looking boy. Wouldn't touch a thing.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree with everyone here, don't see any mane, just a neck roll that probably makes the hairs stick out giving you the impression it is mane-like.

OP
eklikewhoa

eklikewhoa

Jul 22, 2011
Houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Heo
I'm not saying he isn't a good looking fella but he has long hairs on his back that almost forms a swirl cause it gets a bit wavey its so long.

Just wanting him to have an even all around coat when rolls are pulled straight. When he gets dirty it stands out a lot more. I just wanna help him get that shiny silky even coat like all the pictures I see. He's been transitioned to Fromm 4star and getting a good brushing a few times a week. I'm sure it causes extra heat when roaming around with his collar on with a stack of hair uderneath.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I don't see anything either other than the roll. Would you be able to take a better pic of the waves you're referring to? Giving him salmon oil daily should also help him get a silky coat.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.