Repeat offender!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Listen to your gut, if you feel like you should then dont hesitate by any means. It does sound like he may be doing better anyhow but dont second guess yourself, it is better to be safe than sorry and have regrets later. Maybe call the vets office and see what they think? Yes pedialite is a great idea, never would have thought of it. Something I have on hand for Sierra, just in case anyhow.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas had another seizure last night. Immediately afterwards, he began to eat. Just like that morning. Vegas did end up throwing up at 5am this morning. He still had food in his belly. That's 8 hours after his meal. I started to freak out...and carted him off to the Drs. They took 5 vials of blood and took an exray of his tum-tum. Dr said there was no blockage (spleen seemed a little swollen) BUT, he had a FULL stomach. So, it's possible that the cornmeal has slowed his digestion WAY down. He's not eating because he's full. So now Vegas has to fast for 24 hours (he's already down 6 pounds) while on metoclopramide. (a drug to help with nausea and vomiting) Blood work will come back tomorrow. Dr Uhler has made a few points that I've never considered. 1) With the last 3 seizures....he's eaten immediatly afterward. Possible that a post-ictal symptom is hunger. Which could be why he made such a huge attempt at getting into the pantry and getting the cornmeal (the baby gate was in place, secure). 2)He's got a food allergy to something in his food. Dr said that sometime in the future we may want to look into this, if anything to atleast rule it out....Dr Uhler has seen it in the past, seizures disappearing when the food is changed. He says this is a small percentage of a chance, but since Vegas is not yet 3, it might be something to consider in the future. So, 500.00 later, I have my baby boy sitting next to me. My fears of tummy twisting, and blockage are put to rest. I'm doing laundry cause he got sick in bed (and we big daddy'd it last night) He seems at peace and that makes me smile. He's sleeping and snoring. Such a glorious sound.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
wow those bits of info are interseting.... Makes you wonder.... I am glad he at least feels better. You need some rest too Hun, you have had a rough couple of days....

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I'm hoping Vegas feels 100 percent soon so you can get some good snoring in too.

Oh and good luck keeping him out of the pantry after fasting for 24 hours... that should be interesting :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just have to point this out- the google ads I got on this page are as follows:

Firearms training

Crimal records online

Police training

I find this amusing... I guess google thinks Vegas is wanted!!! (well, he is-- by me ;))

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
That's funny. He is such a sweet boy. I wish everyone here could meet him..........he is by far "my heart and soul". Sure, he's a pickle sometimes, but he is worth every penny and all the heartache.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am so glad you went to the dr just to set your mind at ease. Nothing worse than that worry and not knowing what to do. Hopefully the bloodwork comes back good too, let us know for sure! That is very interesting about changing the foods for him. Wouldnt that be something if you could control his seizures that way?!?! I agree with Telly, good luck keeping him away from food for 24 hours. :) Good luck!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
That's funny. He is such a sweet boy. I wish everyone here could meet him..........he is by far "my heart and soul". Sure, he's a pickle sometimes, but he is worth every penny and all the heartache.

I wish I could meet Vegas too! And I know how you feel, I feel exactly the same way about Samson. "My heart and soul" and "love of my life" are phrases I have often used to describe him.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas started out the morning by not getting up until I was walking out the door. He wasn't allowed to eat this morning, so I fed O outside while Vegas was still in bed. He slept so well. It's been about 40 hours since he last threw up. He was very ready for dinner tonight, which he ate like a champ AND he took his medicine without turning up his nose. After work, I went to my mom's to help with the puppies. I didn't get home until 10pm. Know what I came home to? Chaos! Vegas is back to pushing Orion's buttons. She just wants to pull out stinkybear and suck on his feet and Vegas keeps snatching the teddy and running with it. Yup! Everything seems to be getting back to normal. Blood work showed "normal" liver function. Phenobarb level is below theraputic range and the rest of the tests should be back tomorrow.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Glad to hear he is doing better. BUt oh my Vegas cracks me up!! I love the videos.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Don't they make baby latches for doors that can be placed out of reach? I can't really picture one, but there has to be something available.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have a chain latch on my pantry- not for the dogs but for the kids!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.