Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: non-AKC english bulls

Default non-AKC english bulls

Has anyone bought a puppy from a breeder that used a registry other than AKC??

Which registry was it??

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: non-AKC english bulls

Not here but have only heard of ckc I think other than the akc.

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

I found a couple of breeders along the way that use CKC, made me kinda nervous. I am so used to AKC. Maybe someone here can explain it better.

Who wouldn't love that face???

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

CKC can be the Canadian Kennel Club which is comparable to the American Kennel club (AKC). There is also a Continental Kennel club and I've heard bad things about it ,usually people that have been suspended from AKC for whatever reason will use CKC, (Continental Kennel Club) I would stay away from them. So make sure which CKC they are using.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Why would someone purposely use a different one than AKC? UNless they are trying to make the dogs sound like they are worth more?? I don't know.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Po
    Likes (Received)

I know there is UKC English bulldogs as well. I never seen one though!
    Po @ 1year and 53lbs

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Punkie Brewster
    Likes (Received)

Be careful...there are so many Bulldog scams out there! Personally, I wouldn't buy a Bulldog that was not AKC registered...better to be safe than sorry.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

We adopted a bullie a few days ago.

She came with a giant box of stuff including an ACA certificate - American Canine Association. We didn't really care for whatever certificate or registration or whatever she had or didn't have. We fell in love with the dog. But, it did make me curious about what ACA is.

Our other dog (bichon frise) we got as an 8-week old puppy. He came with a pedigree chart with some champions. We were supposed to send it to AKC for registration but we never did. Didn't think it was important at the time. Now, I'm wondering if we should have. But then I don't really know what advantage it has?

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=anatess;86926]We adopted a bullie a few days ago.She came with a giant box of stuff including an ACA certificate - American Canine Association. We didn't really care for whatever certificate or registration or whatever she had or didn't have. We fell in love with the dog. But, it did make me curious about what ACA is.Our other dog (bichon frise) we got as an 8-week old puppy. He came with a pedigree chart with some champions. We were supposed to send it to AKC for registration but we never did. Didn't think it was important at the time. Now, I'm wondering if we should have. But then I don't really know what advantage it has?[/QUOTE

We haven't mailed in Jakes AKC papers yet...he's not going to be bred..so I don't think it matters!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

warning...I bought a AKC bully, that is Bella and she has had all kinds of issues. Most of you know her story. From what I have researched and seen, the "breeder" is importing and then passing them on as his own AKC puppies, very easy to do if you have a registered male and female. My Abby is a CKC and other than typical Bully stuff she is fine. Her breeder didn't want to spend the money on registering the litter.

I have learned the hard way, it is NOT the registration, it is the Breeder, so don't pay much attention to the registration but investigate the breeder.

Always with me

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rex
    Likes (Received)

Researching the breeder should be the first step. When it comes to registration, AKC has higher quality standards. They do DNA tests to make sure puppies match prior generations. If a male or female is bred multiple times they will order DNA tests. My neighbor raises weenie dogs and he has had to do these tests. The litter registration is very minimal. If they are raising and selling high quality puppies $10 or $15 per puppy should not be an issue.When shopping for puppies in the past I have noticed that all of the other breed registries have a tendency to be populated with puppy mills and backyard breeders who do not take into consideration health issues because they do not have strong requirements for registry.We have AKC papers on all of our dogs and have never sent them in because we have no intentions of breeding or showing.

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    We adopted a bullie a few days ago.

She came with a giant box of stuff including an ACA certificate - American Canine Association. We didn't really care for whatever certificate or registration or whatever she had or didn't have. We fell in love with the dog. But, it did make me curious about what ACA is.

Our other dog (bichon frise) we got as an 8-week old puppy. He came with a pedigree chart with some champions. We were supposed to send it to AKC for registration but we never did. Didn't think it was important at the time. Now, I'm wondering if we should have. But then I don't really know what advantage it has?
    I hope you'll post some pictures of your new bullie - i'm curious about one with an ACA cert. as that is quite unusual.

I adopted a female that is NkC registered. She's odd-looking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads