Playing Rough!?

bubba88

May 21, 2011
Bubba is almost 6 months and Bonnie is only 3 months. When I let these two play, they go at it playing and jumping on each other. Bubba does gentle bites against her ears and legs, but she comes back biting his cheeks and face to where her teeth get into his skin and makes it bleed. Her bites seem kinda hard but I can still tell they are playing. They will try to knock each other down and chase each other around the house. Is this okay?

Attachments

• 2 Dummies.jpg
    2 Dummies.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 157

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
It is NORMAL but not necessarily desired. I let my two play rough until it looks like they are biting too hard and then I make them stop and rest for a bit. It helps for them to calm down a bit and then they start to play much more gently. If she does draw blood, be sure to clean it with a little peroxide. They sure can get nuts!

They sure are CUTE! Welcome to EBN :)

palladinos

Jul 22, 2011
This is normal but like what was said above when you see one getting a little too aggressive break them up. remember your alpha so you call the shots. Also remember you have bulldogs they use to hang on the faces of bulls there not poodles ;) a little scratch here and there isnt gonna hurt them they litterally have thick skin. When i give shots sometimes i cant believe how hard i have to push to get through the skin.... I have been around other breeds and bulldogs puppies french and english are ruthless to each other little scrappers for sure but they calm as they get older. plus you have a male and a female i think i saw so when the female get a little older she will win and that will be that, all my males let the females win from what i have seen... two females well thats another story two females getting a little to aggressive with each other can be bad. i always feel bad when the girls pick on my male see my avatar he gets this sad look like they just took his last ice cream...

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yep yep , I agree. My adults go off with a quick snip while the youngins roll all over the place. I decide when its too much.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver and Sebastian are the same way. I'm always finding little scabby spots on their necks and cheeks from each other.

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
i let mine roughhouse as much as they want. Sometimes there are small injuries but i think it's part of being a dog.

OP
B

bubba88

May 21, 2011
thanks guys great to know.... now i have another issue with my girl puppy about potty training, i think i may just a new thread about that.... thanks again!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.